IOC drops wrestling from the Olympics in favor of Golf

Started by jimmy olsen, February 12, 2013, 08:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 13, 2013, 10:11:14 AM
They should come out of the closet and practice diving instead.

Well they will have to now :(

Seriously though why is diving gay?  Swimming isn't.  Weird.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Octavian

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2013, 09:41:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2013, 02:36:47 AM
Meh, on one hand it's a tradition, but on the other, with the changing social mores, do closeted gay men really have to resort to aggressive cuddling in public to get their groove on?

I'd be okay if they replaced it with turkish oil wrestling.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2013, 10:16:09 AM
Seriously though why is diving gay?  Swimming isn't.  Weird.

Not that weird.  Figure skating is gay and hockey is not gay.  Any sport where the object is to look pretty is bound to attract gays.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2013, 10:07:31 AM
One of the cool things about wrestling at the international level is the geographic dispersion. 

How can you not root for a sport practiced by Americans, Turks, Central Asians, Iranians, and Russians?

So many terrible sports they could have axed instead.

garbon

Quote from: Octavian on February 13, 2013, 10:17:09 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2013, 09:41:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2013, 02:36:47 AM
Meh, on one hand it's a tradition, but on the other, with the changing social mores, do closeted gay men really have to resort to aggressive cuddling in public to get their groove on?

I'd be okay if they replaced it with turkish oil wrestling.

Okay? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I have to admit - I'm much more likely to watch olympic golf than I am olympic wrestling.

And I don't even like golf.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 13, 2013, 12:06:20 PM
Now to drop that curling bullshit.

The Winter Olympics can't drop any sports, filling up 3 weekends of TV is priority #1.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Snowball fort construction is better than using a broom.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I'm better with broomball than I am with some of those ski flipping events.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 13, 2013, 12:06:20 PM
Now to drop that curling bullshit.

Never!

Apparently curling gets very good tv ratings during the olympics.   :cool:

It's a shame I'm stuck on a bad team this year.  We've only won one game all year. :(

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 13, 2013, 12:08:48 PM
Snowball fort construction is better than using a broom.

Can't build a snow fort if we can keep having Winter Olympics in cities where it barely fucking snows.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Wrestling just needs to adopt more TV-friendly attitudes to get the IOC to love it again.  Maybe if the Undertaker were somehow involved?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Curling can stay on as long as Stella Heiß still plays for Germany.

(The military is one of the biggest facilitators of non-mainstream sports in Germany.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on February 13, 2013, 12:23:38 PM
(The military is one of the biggest facilitators of non-mainstream sports in Germany.)

Curling is a mainstream sport. :mad: