News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This Evenings State Of The Union Address.

Started by mongers, February 12, 2013, 06:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on February 12, 2013, 06:30:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 12, 2013, 06:24:11 PM
Also what are the odds on Ted Nugent getting on camera?

Very high. 

Really he'd be daft to turn up, as it would be easy to play any off facial expression as sneering/impolite and if he's impeccably behaved some one might characterise that as timidity in the face of the presidents gun control proposals.

Personally I think he's a bit of a tool and deserves a bad press.

He risks very little. He's not out to make friends with those who oppose him and any gesture of defiance is going to play well with his fans.

He's silly but I like him. He amuses me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on February 12, 2013, 07:08:23 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 12, 2013, 06:46:32 PM
In fairness he never campaigned on gun control. I thought the right had entirely won that argument (and they have for the last decade or so), but I think Sandy Hook changed that.

You'd hope so, huh. Unfortunately for you whatever bounce the gun control crowd got from Sandy Hook isn't as strong as it might appear. Gun control is way down the list in terms of importance in public opinion.
Wow, what about me? :blink:

I think you're a little hyped for tonight :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Faeelin

Quote from: derspiess on February 12, 2013, 07:08:23 PM

You'd hope so, huh. Unfortunately for you whatever bounce the gun control crowd got from Sandy Hook isn't as strong as it might appear. Gun control is way down the list in terms of importance in public opinion.

Or, you know, this: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/02/07/171383152/poll-9-in-10-americans-support-background-check-for-all-gun-sales.

Or maybe the GOP can lie about the president's children some more.

derspiess

But like I said, people don't view gun control as a high priority.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

If that Dorner guy really is as much a fan of Obama as he claims to be, then he'll give himself up for execution within the next 90 minutes.

sbr

derspiess

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on February 12, 2013, 06:04:51 PM
maybe Ted Nugent will be seen giving the president the V-sign hidden behind his other hand ?  :P

Peace? Victory?

Maybe to make up for the inaugural Barry will give a unifying, a-political speech this time.

derspiess

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 12, 2013, 07:25:32 PM
Ted and Brak will play Stranglehold.

derspiess is going to air guitar "Cat Scratch Fever" with his AR-15 in his camo tank top. 

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2013, 07:26:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 12, 2013, 07:25:32 PM
Ted and Brak will play Stranglehold.

derspiess is going to air guitar "Cat Scratch Fever" with his AR-15 in his camo tank top. 

Already there, friend.  PICS TO FOLLOW

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive