News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Papabile: Papal predictions thread

Started by Martinus, February 12, 2013, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

That's handy for carrying a big bottle of scope, yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 12:02:04 PM
I have a messenger bag.

They are called "faggot bags" in Polish slang. I see the trend is global.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2013, 12:45:14 PM
I have a messenger bag.

Well yes I assume that gay American habits from the 90s eventually make it everywhere.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Btw, I have one bag that can double as a backpack. I like that if I wear it as a backpack, I'm asked to check it at museums and some thrift stores. If I wear it as a messenger bag, it just gets considered a large purse and there's no problem. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 12:50:23 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2013, 12:45:14 PM
I have a messenger bag.

Well yes I assume that gay American habits from the 90s eventually make it everywhere.

It's cute when Mart thinks he's from the First World.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 12:51:27 PM
If I wear it as a messenger bag, it just gets considered a large purse and there's no problem. :D

Well it IS a purse. You could carry a good sized handgun in a purse like that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 15, 2013, 07:59:22 PM
If I wear it as a messenger bag, it just gets considered a large purse and there's no problem. :D

That's a tackling.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on March 15, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

I prefer knives. :)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2013, 11:34:16 AM
It's starting to seem like Benedict was a "cleansing the palate" kind of Pope.
Not really. I think to an extent what we're seeing is still Benedict's Church. He did a lot of the work that built I think the vision he and JP2 shared. Francis was a big fan of Ratzinger and, apparently, supported him in 2005. It's a change of style not of design - Paul VI to JPI springs to mind.

Clearly the media like him more but that's probably inevitable given the shameless hounding they gave Benedict.

There's been a story about his visit to St Mary Major. It is Cardinal Law's church in Rome (and where he has his grace and favour apartment) and apparently he met the Pope on his first day in the office. According to Italian reports he was informed that he wouldn't really be welcome but joined the other clergy of the church to welcome the Pope anyway. Francis greeted him, according to reports, grimly. On leaving the Italian press are reporting that he said 'I do not want Law in this church again' and the Vatican are now planning to remove him from his apartment to a cloistered monastery where he'll be permanently secluded. We'll see.

Edit: And still no-one's been reappointed to the Curia which makes it look more like a decision than an oversight.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 15, 2013, 09:25:55 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2013, 11:34:16 AM
It's starting to seem like Benedict was a "cleansing the palate" kind of Pope.
Not really. I think to an extent what we're seeing is still Benedict's Church. He did a lot of the work that built I think the vision he and JP2 shared. Francis was a big fan of Ratzinger and, apparently, supported him in 2005. It's a change of style not of design - Paul VI to JPI springs to mind.

Clearly the media like him more but that's probably inevitable given the shameless hounding they gave Benedict.

There's been a story about his visit to St Mary Major. It is Cardinal Law's church in Rome (and where he has his grace and favour apartment) and apparently he met the Pope on his first day in the office. According to Italian reports he was informed that he wouldn't really be welcome but joined the other clergy of the church to welcome the Pope anyway. Francis greeted him, according to reports, grimly. On leaving the Italian press are reporting that he said 'I do not want Law in this church again' and the Vatican are now planning to remove him from his apartment to a cloistered monastery where he'll be permanently secluded. We'll see.

Edit: And still no-one's been reappointed to the Curia which makes it look more like a decision than an oversight.

It's almost smoke and mirrors, the reporting of this matter:
http://www.stpeterslist.com/asides/report-pope-francis-bans-disgraced-cardinal-law-from-his-church/
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

@ Shelf

Good.  Law is a very bad man.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Yep. The Italian media - and picked up by Rocco Palmo , of Whispers in the Loggia - are reporting that Law wasn't welcome and the Pope's dealing with him. The Telegraph were reporting it as one of the Pope's first meetings was with Law - which seems a bit disingenuous. At the moment I trust Palmo, but he did say they're not fully confirmed by the Vatican.

From what I can tell SNAP have released two statements. One guardedly welcoming one story and the other condemning the Pope based on the other.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

This shouldn't really be an issue anyway, because Law should be in prison in the United States. <_<
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 08:30:43 PM
I prefer knives. :)

And in the Italy thread, no less.  Didn't know you were Italian. ;)
Experience bij!

garbon