News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Papabile: Papal predictions thread

Started by Martinus, February 12, 2013, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martim Silva

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:10:21 AM
When do you see any straight person saying "I'm straight"?

Whenever they want to say they're not gay or bi.  It happens often here. Doesn't it over there?  :huh:

Valmy

The same context people say "I'm Gay", when the topic is about people's sexuality.

Though personally I don't use gay slang.  'Going straight' makes sense if you are a closeted gay man from the 60s or whatever but it doesn't make much sense if you actually are heterosexual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martim Silva

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:11:55 AM
And thanks for that op-ed. So enlightening. :mellow:

Trust me, for locals and us in the Peninsula, it's hilarious and totally reflects the attitude towards the election  :)

Sorry if it misses you all, though. There was a high probability of that  :(

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2013, 09:13:55 AM

The same context people say "I'm Gay", when the topic is about people's sexuality.

Though personally I don't use gay slang.  'Going straight' makes sense if you are a closeted gay man from the 60s or whatever but it doesn't make much sense if you actually are heterosexual.

"Straight" is hardly gay slang. The expression you are looking for is "breeder cunt slave".

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2013, 09:16:44 AM
"Straight" is hardly gay slang. The expression you are looking for is "breeder cunt slave".

I am sure there is more than one term :P

Straight has been used forever among subcultures to mean somebody dropping out and conforming.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 14, 2013, 09:12:54 AM

Whenever they want to say they're not gay or bi.  It happens often here. Doesn't it over there?  :huh:

Which generally doesn't happen as it is typically assumed by default. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 14, 2013, 09:14:35 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:11:55 AM
And thanks for that op-ed. So enlightening. :mellow:

Trust me, for locals and us in the Peninsula, it's hilarious and totally reflects the attitude towards the election  :)

Sorry if it misses you all, though. There was a high probability of that  :(

Yeah it wasn't funny at all. Only merciful bit is that the piece of drivel was so short.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martim Silva

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:27:34 AM
Which generally doesn't happen as it is typically assumed by default. :mellow:

By default, Catholic priests are assumed to be asexual.

(Which is why it is traditionally considered 'safe' to let wives and children near them unsupervised)

A Catholic priest that has a (or is not repressing) his sexual orientation, no matter which one, is commiting a grave fault, not only in the eyes of the Church, but also of the believers (and that is even before the fact that active homossexuality is a sin comes into it).

Quote from: garbon
Yeah it wasn't funny at all. Only merciful bit is that the piece of drivel was so short.

Ok, to simplify:

The Churches' image in South America is not totally benefitted from the election, as it sits rather badly with the Brazilians, who are by far the largest population in the region.

garbon

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 14, 2013, 10:10:07 AM
By default, Catholic priests are assumed to be asexual.

(Which is why it is traditionally considered 'safe' to let wives and children near them unsupervised)

A Catholic priest that has a (or is not repressing) his sexual orientation, no matter which one, is commiting a grave fault, not only in the eyes of the Church, but also of the believers (and that is even before the fact that active homossexuality is a sin comes into it).

My point was that you don't have priest running around saying they are straight not simply because it would be a betrayal of the church but also because in general it is an uncommon statement to make - for anyone. :P

garbon

Ok, to simplify:

The Churches' image in South America is not totally benefitted from the election, as it sits rather badly with the Brazilians, who are by far the largest population in the region.

That was clear. Not funny though. ;)

Admiral Yi

I say this whenever a guy makes a pass at me.

derspiess

Ok, to simplify:

But pretty much everywhere else in South America, it has-- i.e., with a majority of South America.  If Brazilians are that pissed off about it they need to get over themselves.

I thought Brazilians & Argies were getting along a lot better these days :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2013, 10:13:46 AM

Does that happen often?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2013, 10:13:46 AM

You should just say something like "not interested" so you make them think it's them.  :menace:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

I'll be travelling to Brazil next week and will report back whether or not the locals are upset at the notion of a Argie pope. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.