News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Papabile: Papal predictions thread

Started by Martinus, February 12, 2013, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2013, 08:42:53 AM
I think they would respond that they in fact love you, and just wish you would cease your sinful behavior. :)

Yeah well that's not very helpful, is it? Not to mention, their way of "ceasing" it is just doing it behind closed doors.

Martinus

Anyway no comments on the pictures I posted? Imo, the similarity is uncanny.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2013, 08:43:53 AM
Not to mention, their way of "ceasing" it is just doing it behind closed doors.
:lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2013, 08:41:37 AM
Why can't the Popes and conservatives grow up and be pro gay eventually.

I guess it depends on how eventually we are talking about here :P

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2013, 08:44:23 AM
Anyway no comments on the pictures I posted? Imo, the similarity is uncanny.

Now everytime I see the Pope I am going to think of Miss Saigon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I'm pretty sure, though, Francis won't look near as good as JP2 in a batting cage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MZ0BbN3m7bU
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

:D

Well, he is a hearty highlander who run in some amateur skiing competitions when he was young, so no surprise he is good at it.

The question is: was he batting for the other team?  :ph34r:

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2013, 08:47:41 AM
I'm pretty sure, though, Francis won't look near as good as JP2 in a batting cage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MZ0BbN3m7bU

:lol:

If they had gotten someone from Venezuela or Dominican Republic, he'd be tearing it up in the batting cage.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Looks like he'd definitely get suckered by low sliders and curves.  Liked 'em high.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2013, 09:02:35 AM
Looks like he'd definitely get suckered by low sliders and curves.  Liked 'em high.

Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martim Silva

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2013, 08:42:53 AM
I think they would respond that they in fact love you, and just wish you would cease your sinful behavior. :)

Correct. That is precisely the Churche's stance. You can be gay, but as long as you regret your sin, there is no problem.  :)

And it is also why an 'openly gay priest' is such an offense: priests aren't supposed to be neither straight nor gay; they shouldn't feel attached to any pleasure of the flesh. Thus, a priest that says he's gay is, quite directly, betraying his compromises with the Church (that is why you don't see priests saying 'I'm straight' - that too, whould be a betrayal of the Church).

Anyway, the election of an Argentinian did not sit well AT ALL with the Brazilians. I can't accurately translate the entirety of this opinon article in the largest newspaper of São Paulo (too many - rather hilarious - slang words in the local dialects), but this says it all:

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/mundo/1246022-opiniao-agora-teremos-de-aguentar-o-maradona-o-messi-e-o-papa.shtml

Quote from: Folha de São Paulo
[Starts with argentinian slang: Ueba [whohoo!] Habemos Tango!

What? An Argentinian Pope? That's personal against Brazilians! Conclave result: Argentina 1, Brazil 0. Dom Odilio [the Brazilian cardinal] fluked!

Now we have to put up with Maradona, Messi and the Pope! And I've said it several times: you can't have an argentinian pope, because argentinians think they're God. That's taking a double job!

In fact, the argentinian got demoted: from God to Pope. And I hear that the choice took long because he was an argentinian Pope [slang references to argentinians being slow]. AND he picked 'Francis' because like that he knew he'd be number one. He might as well have picked 'Diego the 1st'!

But it's a good thing an argentinian Pope, because like that he can speak with God on an equal footing. There's a photoshop going around the net with Maradona holding a sign saying: "I already knew that!". And in St. Peter's Square, all you saw was people tucking away the brazilian flag!

And I think that the Holy Ghost whispered Odilio, but since the old cooks are deaf, they heard Bergoglio!

But that's okay. Argentina may have a Pope, but we have Inri Cristo* and Edir Macedo**.

*: brazilian cult leader who claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
**: a brazilian televangelist.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2013, 08:41:37 AM
Yeah I've seen this reported by several sources.

Sigh. Why can't the Popes and conservatives grow up and be pro gay eventually.

It's possible, you just expect it to happen of men born in the 1930s. It's something that plagues most men of that generation not only of Popes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 14, 2013, 09:07:20 AM
(that is why you don't see priests saying 'I'm straight' - that too, whould be a betrayal of the Church).

When do you see any straight person saying "I'm straight"?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

And thanks for that op-ed. So enlightening. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.