And we're back!

Main Menu

Papabile: Papal predictions thread

Started by Martinus, February 12, 2013, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2013, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 13, 2013, 03:28:54 PM
A Jesuit.  Wow.  That's big.  I mean, really big.

Why?

For one, there's never been a Jesuit pope, second the Jesuits are sorta the black sheep of the church.  They were banned in most countries for a while.  Third, it's where all the smart guys end up.  There have been a lot of scientist-jesuits and intellectuals.  They tend to factor into a lot of conspiracy theories amongst protestants as a result.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 13, 2013, 03:36:39 PM
For one, there's never been a Jesuit pope, second the Jesuits are sorta the black sheep of the church.  They were banned in most countries for a while.  Third, it's where all the smart guys end up.  There have been a lot of scientist-jesuits and intellectuals.  They tend to factor into a lot of conspiracy theories amongst protestants as a result.

I'm generally not big on Jesuits due to their leftist stances on so many issues, but this dude seems decent enough.  Don't recall seeing many conspiracy theories about Jesuits  :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2013, 03:39:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 13, 2013, 03:36:39 PM

I'm generally not big on Jesuits due to their leftist stances on so many issues, but this dude seems decent enough.  Don't recall seeing many conspiracy theories about Jesuits  :hmm:

Hoping you're wife will put out tonight ?    :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on March 13, 2013, 03:44:07 PM

There's nothing quite like celebratory papal announcement sex :perv:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2013, 03:45:39 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 13, 2013, 03:44:07 PM

There's nothing quite like celebratory papal announcement sex :perv:

:ccr
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Sounds like the New & Improved Pope has had scuffles with Argentina's stupid bitch president in the past.  Based upon this, I'm elevating him to AWESOME DUDE status.

Legbiter

BBC WS was interviewing an argie in St. Peter's square who went on a Malvinas rant.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on March 13, 2013, 04:02:24 PM
BBC WS was interviewing an argie in St. Peter's square who went on a Malvinas rant.  :lol:

Awesome.

Reminds me I need to post pics I took in B.A. of some wrecked shit from the Falklands War. 

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2013, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on March 13, 2013, 04:02:24 PM

Awesome.

It was. I nearly missed a light because I laughed so hard.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2013, 03:58:20 PM
Sounds like the New & Improved Pope has had scuffles with Argentina's stupid bitch president in the past.  Based upon this, I'm elevating him to AWESOME DUDE status.

Go fuck yourself.

Martinus

QuoteAfter less than 24 hours of deliberation, the College of Cardinals has elected Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina to become the Roman Catholic Church's 266th leader, who will be the Church's first-ever South American pope and who will be henceforth known as Pope Francis. Here are some facts about the new pope:

Date Of Birth: December 17, 1936

Date Of Death: November 16, 2015

Number Of People Who Don't Give A Shit What He Thinks About Anything: Approximately 5.8 billion

Spouse: Isabel Alba Bergoglio

Children: Rebecca (b. 2002), Timothy (b. 2006)

Main Goals For Papacy: Keep Catholic people Catholic, convince other people to become Catholic

Old: Yes

White: Yes

Women's Rights: Nah

Ability To Walk Up Steps Without Help: Not great

Highest-Charting Single:"Wanna Do Ya Girl (But tha Lord is My Love)," 1989, Arista Records

Official Website: www.techdeals.com

What He Thinks Heaven Is Like: Mix of clouds and astroturf

Outrage Over Sexual Abuse In Catholic Church: Yeah, sure

http://www.theonion.com/articles/focus-who-is,31657/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 13, 2013, 02:52:46 PMSo Francis in English? French media is reporting Francois.

You do realize his "official" name is in Latin, not English or French, right?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on March 13, 2013, 04:18:42 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 13, 2013, 02:52:46 PMSo Francis in English? French media is reporting Francois.

You do realize his "official" name is in Latin, not English or French, right?

Yes, my name is in Latin, I know how it works.

Also, you need to stop expecting 70s+ years old Cardinal to be something else than anti-gay. Maybe in 50 years, not now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on March 13, 2013, 04:12:29 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Instant upgrade to SUPER-AWESOME DUDE.

Iormlund

Heh. Who hasn't?