News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, how good is your grammar?

Started by Syt, February 07, 2013, 09:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.guardian.co.uk/teacher-network/teacher-blog/quiz/2013/feb/04/grammar-punctuation-quiz-test

14/14 :smarty:

(I thought 13, but it turned out I had clicked a different answer than I thought I had clicked - gues smy motor skills suck :( )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2013, 09:20:13 AM
(I thought 13, but it turned out I had clicked a different answer than I thought I had clicked - gues smy motor skills suck :( )

Yeah, that happened to me, too;  I got 12/14, looked at the answers and thought, hey, I clicked those!

garbon

14/14 - yay writing tutor skills

Also, my hand motor skills were functioning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

14/14, Yay NLP skills.

And the ability to intuit from context, which is also an NLP skill.

Brazen

14/14. Just as well or I'd have had to pursue a new career.

I didn't study English language past the age of 15 and was never taught about gerunds and prepositions, so I just guessed from the structure of the questions using, you know, grammar.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 07, 2013, 09:25:03 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2013, 09:20:13 AM

Yeah, that happened to me, too;  I got 12/14, looked at the answers and thought, hey, I clicked those!

:nelson: Mines gooder then your's.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

merithyn

13/14

Couldn't get the answers to show, so I'll never know which one I missed. :weep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Pedrito

14/14.

No NLP, no impaired motor skills, some good teachers in middle school.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Admiral Yi

#6 to me had no right answer.  :hmm:

12/14.

Grey Fox

8/14

I don't know what subordinate clause, abstract vs collective nouns, active voice and prepositional phrase are. Nor do I know what gerund is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 07, 2013, 11:02:17 AM
8/14

I don't know what subordinate clause, abstract vs collective nouns, active voice and prepositional phrase are. Nor do I know what gerund is.

Well, it sounds like someone decided not to participate in the Grammar Rodeo.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Don't let Speesh bully you with his obscure TV line references GF.  :ph34r:

Capetan Mihali

"Truth" is an abstract and collective noun?  :hmm:  I said just abstract.  Haven't thought of that abstract/concrete noun crap in a very long time -- they are really more philosophical questions than grammar ones.  If such a differance can be claimed.  :frog:  :homestar:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)