And we're back!

Main Menu

The new mark of beauty - The Thigh Gap

Started by crazy canuck, February 06, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 06, 2013, 04:12:52 PM
No. Thickly muscled legs are masculine.

I think when women do not have the gap being 'thickly muscled' is not the implication the skinny mafia usually makes.  But I guess that was what the article was hinting about Beyonce, she is too buff for the gap.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

It's genetic, really. I mean, a girl could starve herself into having a gap... maybe, but realistically, it has more to do with genetics, just like where one carries her fat and whether she has big boobs or not.

For some guys, that's attractive, just like for some guys small breasts are attractive. It's not a "new" thing, nor is it a big thing. It's just a preference.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on February 06, 2013, 04:33:41 PM
It's genetic, really. I mean, a girl could starve herself into having a gap... maybe, but realistically, it has more to do with genetics, just like where one carries her fat and whether she has big boobs or not.

It also has a lot to do with hip size and hip socket placement.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2013, 04:35:27 PM

Which is genetic.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadImmortalMan

The Daily Fail article this references is crap (what did I expect, I know). It presents the issue as a bipolar choice between fat and anorexic. That's silly. I'm certain most people prefer something in between.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Me and Ide are going to form the itty bitty titty committee. Meetings to be held at the jr high gym.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on February 06, 2013, 04:48:31 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2013, 04:35:27 PM

Which is genetic.

The phenomenon the article is talking about is not genetic but women trying to make the gap bigger on the theory that the bigger the gap the better.  I have no problem with a healthy woman having some kind of spaces here and there.  Good nice curves will do that. But what is described in the article is  :x

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 06, 2013, 04:57:34 PM
Me and Ide are going to form the itty bitty titty committee. Meetings to be held at the jr high gym.

You guys really ought to go to anorexia anonymous meetings to pick up chicks.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on February 06, 2013, 05:09:12 PM

You guys really ought to go to anorexia anonymous meetings to pick up chicks.  :P

I'd rather drive by the jr high.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on February 06, 2013, 05:09:12 PM

Tried that, but nobody believed I was anorexic. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on February 06, 2013, 03:43:52 PM
I had to google image that.
Yeah, me too. Not one of the better googles I've done, first hit is to a tumblr collection of anorexic chicks in hipster gear.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

That beaner chick in Boardwalk Empire had a pretty signficant gap IIRC.  As well as a hearty bush.

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 06, 2013, 05:14:27 PM

Tried that, but nobody believed I was anorexic. :(

Tell them you are just a beginner, learning the ropes as it were.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

So this is what that subliminal message on the underground circle line was about.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"