The new mark of beauty - The Thigh Gap

Started by crazy canuck, February 06, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2013, 09:17:22 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 06, 2013, 09:16:35 PM
And yet it was Beyonce on the stage at halftime, not Fiona Apple or Kristen Bell.

Case: rested.

Can you imagine if they had Fiona up there? That'd be a downer. :D

Anyway we had granny panties Madonna up there recently.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

:lol:  Talk about Ray Lewis really crying.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2013, 09:07:10 PM
If these people are saying that Beyonce's thighs are too much, then count me out of this party.
It's funny, because I just had a discussion with my wife while watching the halftime show about how her thighs were too much for my tastes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

What does it matter? America has the most beautiful women anyway.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 06, 2013, 09:05:08 PM
Why do people get all butthurt over what others find attractive, anyway? It's not like the question "who's hotter" has a correct answer. It's subjective preference.

:yes:

Problems come up when girls get it in their head that there is only one kind of attractive... and starve themselves to get there. So long as everyone recognizes that there are all kinds of beautiful - and those who appreciate them - then it's all good.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Kristen Bell? She's not up there because she's had fuck-all of a music career. Might just as well let William Shatner do it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Warspite

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2013, 03:48:17 PM
It was conventional wisdom among my middle school and early high school peer group that a nice gap, as we referred to it, was a noteworthy component of female attractiveness.

Chicks that have their legs so far apart they look the Attack of the Droids are grody, but then again so are women with pudgy thighs that always chafe together.

The wisdom of Yi. :nods:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 06, 2013, 09:05:08 PM
Why do people get all butthurt over what others find attractive, anyway? It's not like the question "who's hotter" has a correct answer. It's subjective preference.

Why do you get all butthurt over a thread about women dieting to increase the gap between their thighs?  Do you want women to look like boys?

Camerus

I'm glad I live over here, where the thigh gaps are plentiful. 

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 04:02:10 PM
What is feminine?  No legs at all?  :lol:
Which reminds me of the old joke. Why do women have legs? Well, you've seen the mess snails leave.

Men like thigh gaps because they can still see the football when their girlfriend is stood in front of the TV telling them to take the rubbish out.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on February 07, 2013, 06:14:53 AM
I'm glad I live over here, where the thigh gaps are plentiful.

Naturally so...

Remember the complaint isnt that women shouldnt be fit, it is that they shouldnt be stick creatures who diet to turn their legs into twigs.

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on February 06, 2013, 11:32:25 PM
Why do:yes:

Problems come up when girls get it in their head that there is only one kind of attractive... and starve themselves to get there. So long as everyone recognizes that there are all kinds of beautiful - and those who appreciate them - then it's all good.

the latter part of your post is inconsistent with the former. there are all kinds of beauty, indeed, and those who wish to maintain healthy lifestyles are considered incredibly beautiful in today's modern society. that you think they are ... "starving themselves" is your own projection, and seems dishonest. while there are few who prefer the incredibly starved (ide and myself, as far as i can tell, may be an exception), dismissing those who are skinny because they both exercise and eat healthily seems rather spiteful

merithyn

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 06:27:27 AM

the latter part of your post is inconsistent with the former. there are all kinds of beauty, indeed, and those who wish to maintain healthy lifestyles are considered incredibly beautiful in today's modern society. that you think they are ... "starving themselves" is your own projection, and seems dishonest. while there are few who prefer the incredibly starved (ide and myself, as far as i can tell, may be an exception), dismissing those who are skinny because they both exercise and eat healthily seems rather spiteful

Talk about projecting.  :rolleyes:

The article posted spoke of girls starving themselves to get said gap. It wasn't about them getting healthy to have a gap. No, it was about them starving themselves. That's an issue for anyone, regardless of who they are or why they're doing it.

Perhaps you should read all of my posts before you decide that I'm "spiteful" or projecting, dimwit.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive