News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The new mark of beauty - The Thigh Gap

Started by crazy canuck, February 06, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I have never heard of this abomination before.  How is a woman to have a good body if she has a thigh gap?  I have always thought it was quite unattractive.  But apparently the gay designers who want women to look more and more like boys are winning.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/are-we-taking-body-obsession-too-far-with-thigh-gap-scrutiny/article8289000/

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Chicken legs are sexy now?  :lol:  What will the anorexia mafia think of next?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

It was conventional wisdom among my middle school and early high school peer group that a nice gap, as we referred to it, was a noteworthy component of female attractiveness.

Chicks that have their legs so far apart they look the Attack of the Droids are grody, but then again so are women with pudgy thighs that always chafe together.

Jacob

Don't blame the gays for that - the thigh gap has been a thing in modern Japanese/ Chinese beauty ideals for a while.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on February 06, 2013, 03:48:23 PM
Don't blame the gays for that - the thigh gap has been a thing in modern Japanese/ Chinese beauty ideals for a while.

So lucky for all those bowlegged Japanese women.

MadImmortalMan

I like it. You don't have to be uber-skinny to have one either.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Yet again, the world is doing its best to catch up with me, and hardly succeeding.  Does a fish have a word for water?  A bird for the thermal current upon which he rises?  So I, and this concept of "thigh gap."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2013, 03:48:17 PM
It was conventional wisdom among my middle school and early high school peer group that a nice gap, as we referred to it, was a noteworthy component of female attractiveness.

Wow go figure :hmm:

But granted my tastes are not really the mainstream when it comes to the super skinny types.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2013, 03:48:17 PM
Chicks that have their legs so far apart they look the Attack of the Droids are grody, but then again so are women with pudgy thighs that always chafe together.

Yep.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 06, 2013, 03:39:48 PM
But apparently the gay designers who want women to look more and more like boys are winning.

Better they look like boys than like men. Thick legs are masculine.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 06, 2013, 04:00:30 PM
Better they look like boys than like men. Thick legs are masculine.

So if they have skinny legs they are masculine and if they have thick legs they are masculine?  What is feminine?  No legs at all?  :lol:

Anyway that is silly, women have hips and thighs that look nothing like a man's body.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2013, 03:53:16 PM
Yet again, the world is doing its best to catch up with me, and hardly succeeding.  Does a fish have a word for water?  A bird for the thermal current upon which he rises?  So I, and this concept of "thigh gap."
:lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 04:02:10 PM
So if they have skinny legs they are masculine

No. Thickly muscled legs are masculine.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 04:02:10 PM
women have hips and thighs that look nothing like a man's body.

Exactly. Having hips is what creates the gap. If the hips are too narrow the legs would be too close together like a man. Then, no gap.

Or something like that.   :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers