News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Used to play Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod back in the day, it was pretty fun.

Syt

Check out ModDB - they got plenty of mods for these titles.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: celedhring on June 25, 2015, 09:22:58 AM
Got Warband off the steam sales, and I'm sinking an unreasonable amount of hours in it. I see there's also a deluge of mods. Any recommendations? The GoT mods look tasty, if they are well done.

This is my favorite (playing it a bit now, in fact), Prophesy of Pendor.  Has a psuedo-fantasy type setting, though perhaps doesn't have some of the more advanced features some others have, but has a good, deep setting...and is pretty much complete (compared to a lot of half-assed mods)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,119.0.html

Grey Fox

Bought Splatoon for the WiiU. Crazy fucking amount of money to spend on a videogame.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 21, 2015, 03:49:21 PM
Received a Heroes of the Storm beta invite. Not sure how I feel about yet another MOBA.

I played some Heroes of the Storm this last couple of weeks.

For someone used to the ludicrous hero variety in Dota 2, seeing the same heroes played every single match (on both teams!) gets old incredibly fast. They should have a unique free-hero rotation for each player.

Most heroes are way too expensive, and so are the skins.

Also, Diablo is fat.

Caliga

Got Dishonored for five bucks during the Steam sale.

Been playing the shit out of it since.  I really love it. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I got it as a gift and was not a fan. I'm not a fan of 1st person view with arms flailing about. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I can only think of one First person shooter without arms, and that was Faceball 2000.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

How stealthy is Dishonored?  For the most part I don't line stealth games anymore.

Caliga

I guess you don't have to play it all stealthy if you don't want to, but I have been.  It seems like stealth is the preferred approach though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on June 27, 2015, 08:07:24 PM
How stealthy is Dishonored?  For the most part I don't line stealth games anymore.

Well not that Stealthy.  I saw it on Steam.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

The Brain

You can barge in and kill people left right and center. AFAIK stealth is optional. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Set aside Warband for a while, after sinking quite a few hours in it, and started playing Stalker - I bought the entire trilogy during these sales. I'm enjoying it a lot, it is very atmospheric and unique. I love the original book and movie, although they certainly are very different to the game (setting The Zone around Chernobyl is a genius move, though).

Archy

Bought the Banner Saga in steam sale.  I'm loving it. Nice story and artwork. Enjoying it immensely.