News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schaksen

Been playing Verdun lately, i got it as a birthday present from my father-in-law. Quite a fun little squadbased-shooter.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

celedhring

While I lost my TOR account I have been playing Wasteland 2: Director's Cut. I gotta say that I don't think the tactical combat is that great (I found Dragonfall's tactical combat more fun to play and deeper, even though it has a more limited engine), but I'm loving the setting and the world so far. I'll keep playing just to see more of it.

Duque de Bragança

About Wasteland II: Director's Cut, I feel that unless you tune difficulty to Ranger or higher, tactical combat is not that great or pretty forgiving of mistakes.

Grey Fox

I 100%ed New Super Mario Bros U last night.

First time I do that in, any really, game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Finished up Shadowrun Hong Kong.  Fun, but way too easy on normal.  As in I don't think I had a remotely challenging fight after mid-game.  Even the boss fights were trivial.  Dragonfall had a nice range of difficulty at normal and the ending was actually tough, HK isn't.  For someone experienced with the SR series I'd recommend trying it on hard.

Other complaints:
As I've mentioned the decking system is dumb.  Frustrating at first, trivial once you understand it.
Equipment that you give your party members seems to disappear after the run.  Give your Shaman a one of a kind SMG?  Don't expect it back afterward.
The campaign felt shorter than Dragonfall.  I remember longer (and more interesting) runs in that game.

It's not all bad:
The UI is much improved
There are some interesting battles and storylines

crazy canuck

More of a PSA.  A new Path of Exiles league is starting on Friday.  If you haven't played the game in a while I recommend giving it another go.  The early game is a lot more enjoyable and passive skill layout is easier to navigate.  Skill clusters make more intuitive sense and are located generally in the areas you would expect - rather than previously where you would have to carefully plan out long trips through the passive skill chains to get the skills you needed.

celedhring

Playing Game of Thrones. God I hate Ramsay Snow.

Worst part of it, is that since he has plot armor I know nothing will happen to him.

celedhring

And to mix it up, I'm playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, which I also got during the sales. I'm having a blast; all the nazi-killing pleasures of the oldies, plus an immensely entertaining pulpy nazi dystopia story.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on January 07, 2016, 06:26:25 PM
Playing Game of Thrones. God I hate Ramsay Snow.

Worst part of it, is that since he has plot armor I know nothing will happen to him.

This is part of what ruined it for me, actually.  I get why they put in so many major characters from the shows, but I feel it was a terrible mistake in terms of plotting.  We all know that some characters are invulnerable, so why even try to contest them in any way?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Finished Stick of Truth....
Short.
And shame about those design flaws.

Started Watch Dogs.
Expected something cool like GTA or Sleeping Dogs.
So far....I am less than impressed. It handles like a pig. Not sure how far I'll play.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Watch Dogs definitely belongs on the overhyped list. I've played a fair bit and continues to be dull.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Isn't it that the much hyped hacking feature mostly comes down to "press magic button"?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Well yeah that is just click the button - but honestly I would rather have more of than that than the unlocking hacking mini-game you often have to do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It appears the magic phone from Watch_Dogs has been modded into GTA V now: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/11/grand-theft-auto-v-watch-dogs-mod/#more-339859

Best of both worlds?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

I am horribly addicted to this browser game, in a Tetris/Minesweeper vein, a time-killer.  :(

http://doge2048.com/