Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schaksen

Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Norgy

Quote from: The Brain on June 29, 2015, 03:52:29 AM
You can barge in and kill people left right and center. AFAIK stealth is optional. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct. Stealth, however, makes the ending a bit less depressing.
If you have high chaos, the ending is highly depressing and quite difficult. I tried both ways both as Corvo and Raul. Dunwall is definitely an inspired setting.
I think Dishonored will be released with upgraded graphics for consoles now.

Razgovory

I recently purchased a x-box controller and have been testing it out on GTA IV.  I forgot how much of this is just a DGuller simulator.  You start out in Brooklyn and try to me it to New Jersey.  Right now I'm trying to build a race car so I can collect blue berries.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Replaying Victoria 2. The game would have me believe the key to immigrants as Texas is outlawing slavery, and that my immigrant population comes not from Tennessee, Alabama, the Carolinas and the like, but from Sicily and Galicia.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Grallon

Pillars of Eternity - was strange to get back to this old school type of game after Witcher and Skyrim but I'm getting into it now.  So far it's quite good even though at first I was i bit put off.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 18, 2015, 04:38:50 AM
Replaying Victoria 2. The game would have me believe the key to immigrants as Texas is outlawing slavery, and that my immigrant population comes not from Tennessee, Alabama, the Carolinas and the like, but from Sicily and Galicia.

There is internal immigration in that game.  It's just hidden under a bunch of flab.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lettow77

Yeah, but it'd have been proper immigration, the Republic of Texas being its own separate state and all. It's fine; while the Republic has not yet seen any Tennesseeans, we collected a few thousand Japanese to run the ranches of West Texas.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Norgy

KRonn

I've been playing some Panzer General 2, a blast from the past. Still a fun game. 

celedhring

South Park The Stick of Truth. Having a great time; it's not a groundbreaking RPG or anything, but they have done a truly fantastic job of translating the humor and aesthetics into a videogame. It's like you're in an SP episode, and they aren't pulling any stops. I just killed Khloe Kardashian's giant nazi zombie fetus.

Eddie Teach

Been playing agar.io the last few days. Simple, but quite engaging.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Played through Rayman Origins, which was fun.  It's been a very long time since I played a platformer.

Grey Fox

My Steam Controller is here! :w00t:

The steam link is not shipped yet tho :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

First game I fired up on my new computer was Path of Exile.  They have really made some nice improvements to the game since I last played it months ago.  Plus it looks really nice on a bigger screen with a modern graphics card.  :D

They are between seasons though so I will put it aside until a new season starts up.

Not sure what to try next.  Maybe some mindless Diablo just to enjoy the eye candy on the new system.

Grey Fox

My steam link showed up! Happy to report that the thing works.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.