News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I'm not sure what it is. It's probably me. But lately I've just not had any impetus to play anything from the 21st century. It's all Star Wars Rebellion and Star Control II. I'm about to bust out my Tie Fighter disks.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

It's not just you. Everyone is playing retro games or pseudo retro games these days.

Myself, I'm playing Wind Waker HD on WiiU.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

It's just y'all. I'm playing EUIV and DmC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on September 19, 2014, 04:50:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2014, 05:51:28 PM
This week's plan?  To wean me off caffeine.  I BOUGHT YOU COFFEE HALF DECAF

I just really want to be left alone.   Preferably in a corner to expire quickly.

Girl

Half the caffeine means twice the intake.

But I notice I'm the only one with any balls still playing EVE.

celedhring

Very busy this week, but I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution off the Humble Store sale and I enjoyed the first mission quite a bit. Will give it a good binge once I'm finished with this gig.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on September 24, 2014, 04:13:07 AM
Very busy this week, but I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution off the Humble Store sale and I enjoyed the first mission quite a bit. Will give it a good binge once I'm finished with this gig.

I really like that game.

Caliga

Got an adventure game called Lost Horizon for five bucks last week on Steam.  It's pretty decent.  Nice homage to Indiana Jones.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 23, 2014, 07:38:56 PM
It's not just you. Everyone is playing retro games or pseudo retro games these days.

Myself, I'm playing Wind Waker HD on WiiU.

Yeah, especially on PC.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

Rogue Legacy. I just am fucking terrible at it.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

crazy canuck

I have been playing Commander: The Great War a bit.  Its an addicting game.  I find myself always wanting to play just one more turn.  They seem to have the major bugs out now so I recommend it.  The map is even the right side up.

I have to laugh though at all the complaints on the game forum about how hard it is.  The AI is good but not that good.

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 26, 2014, 08:46:11 PM
I have been playing Commander: The Great War a bit.  Its an addicting game.  I find myself always wanting to play just one more turn.  They seem to have the major bugs out now so I recommend it.  The map is even the right side up.

I have to laugh though at all the complaints on the game forum about how hard it is.  The AI is good but not that good.

Perhaps we could PBEM this. Want me to send you a challenge over the server?

The incoming 1.6.0 patch will change quite a few things, balance-wise. Among other things there won't be free upkeeps anymore, everyone but Britain and Germany will see their naval units downgraded to pre-dreadnoughts and armored cruisers, light of sight for navy units will be significantly reduced, and nerfs have been promised for Russia.

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on September 24, 2014, 04:53:06 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 24, 2014, 04:13:07 AM

I really like that game.

Played a little more. It's brilliant. Besides the open world stealth gameplay, the story and setting are really well done.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on September 26, 2014, 09:15:31 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 26, 2014, 08:46:11 PM

Perhaps we could PBEM this. Want me to send you a challenge over the server?

The incoming 1.6.0 patch will change quite a few things, balance-wise. Among other things there won't be free upkeeps anymore, everyone but Britain and Germany will see their naval units downgraded to pre-dreadnoughts and armored cruisers, light of sight for navy units will be significantly reduced, and nerfs have been promised for Russia.

yeah, that would be fun.  But lets wait for the patch and give me a chance to get a feel for the changes

Josquius

I tried a game called Train Fever. Its a modern attempt at Transport Tycoon. It seems to have potential though its missing a lot of features, like level crossings.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Played Gauntlet with friends. It was fun.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.