News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

I've been playing State of Decay after I got it and Call of Pripyat (GET OUT OF HERE STALKER) during that Steam Halloween sale last weekend.  Pretty fun game.

garbon

I used that mod to prevent State of Decay from "running" when you aren't playing. Rather obnoxious feature to come back several days later and have several people dead.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2014, 10:08:10 PM
I used that mod to prevent State of Decay from "running" when you aren't playing. Rather obnoxious feature to come back several days later and have several people dead.

Oh shit I didn't know there was one that did that.  Where did you get it?  Nexus?

E: Zombie Standard Time?

garbon

Yep that one. I've found it makes game a lot more enjoyable. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I have an hitch to play World of Warcrack.

Help! I've been clean for 2.5 years!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2014, 12:15:44 PM

That is just sad, hopefully you recover quickly.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2014, 11:12:32 PM
Yep that one. I've found it makes game a lot more enjoyable. :)

Like it already.  Thanks for the heads up.  :)

celedhring

Divinity Original Sin. Great RPG, reminds me a lot of BG and similar ilk - it has turn-based combat and an isometric view, and does away with some of the common tropes of modern day RPGs. Has some nice original touches, too; I have yet to decide whether the fact you can roleplay conversations between your PCs is the greatest or most autistic feature ever in a computer RPG.

Razgovory

I've really gotten into Shadows of Mordor.  Once you get past the "throw a bunch of mechanics at you and let you shift through them", part of the game it's a lot of fun.  The AI is fun (they aren't good at spotting you, if you walk right in front of them it takes a few seconds before they figure out you are there), but if you get in a big fight and decapitate someone the rest of them will often freak out and run.  Neatest fight was when I was in an arena and had to kill 50 guys.  More and more orcs kept pouring in, until I hit the magic 50 number and they they run like the cowards they are.  Very satisfying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Long War mod for XCOM. No longer scripted, more dynamic, air war much more important and difficult (some people complained here about this uninteresting part in the standard game) and marathon mode de rigueur (possible option to scale it down). Plays more like the original X-COM some people say. New weapons, new technologies that are longer to research and harder live alien captures.
If you think that only Ironman mode is challenging, think again.
It's even available for Mac OS X & Linux.

FunkMonk

Playing Red Dead Redemption. A horse randomly walked onto the railroad tracks and the train just plowed right through it. The horse exploded into a giant cloud of misty blood.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 08, 2014, 11:35:22 AM
Playing Red Dead Redemption. A horse randomly walked onto the railroad tracks and the train just plowed right through it. The horse exploded into a giant cloud of misty blood.  :lol:

Such an awesome game.  :lol:  Tons of little things like that in there.

Ed would appreciate this;  playing Battlefield4, there's a map called "Propaganda", with an elevated two-way rail line with one train parked, and the other rail line sees occasional traffic.  Two guys (snipers, or course) in an ATV catch some serious air going up the elevation, but the side they're on is blocked by the stopped train, so they catch the oncoming train mid-air, head on, disintegrating and bodies everywhere.  It was beautiful to watch, I wish I could've captured it.

Ed Anger

Yes I do. I haven't played BF4 in awhile.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 08, 2014, 11:35:22 AM

Yeah, hilarious. <_<
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2014, 12:15:44 PM

Considering checking out the new expansion myself.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?