Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2014, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 20, 2014, 11:08:26 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 20, 2014, 10:54:52 PM
I know it's a mistake, yet.... Football manager 2014
Same!

Do you also agree with him that there hasn't been anything good lately?

No just the playing FM 14 part.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Playing KOTOR2 as a total dark side sith. I've never done it before. Some of the choices you have to make seem to have cruelty for its own sake even if it's against the PC's interests. It doesn't make sense. I mean everyone thought Palpatine was a nice guy because that's what he wanted them to think. It was in his interest. He didn't just open up in the Senate with a force storm or anything.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 21, 2014, 02:24:53 PM
Playing KOTOR2 as a total dark side sith. I've never done it before. Some of the choices you have to make seem to have cruelty for its own sake even if it's against the PC's interests. It doesn't make sense. I mean everyone thought Palpatine was a nice guy because that's what he wanted them to think. It was in his interest. He didn't just open up in the Senate with a force storm or anything.

If Hitler had been a drooling psycho he would have done a lot more damage. :mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

I've been playing Endless Legends and Endless Space...same developer, focusing on different eras in their very well-constructed universe. Great stuff.
and the horse you rode in on

sbr

Bought Don't Starve yesterday.  I have played it for less than an hour but very good so far; interesting game and nice sense of humor.

Syt

Quote from: fhdz on April 28, 2014, 07:27:42 PM
I've been playing Endless Legends and Endless Space...same developer, focusing on different eras in their very well-constructed universe. Great stuff.

How is Endless Legends so far?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 21, 2014, 02:24:53 PM

That's the problem with any moral choice in Bioware games, they depict playing Dark Side as basically playing a degenerate chaotic evil serial killer, i.e. killing people because it's funny regardless of the consequences. Even in STWOR most of the Sith neutral or lawful evil actions that a not-stupid Sith Lord would commit are in fact classified as Light Side in the game.

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on April 28, 2014, 11:21:12 PM
Quote from: fhdz on April 28, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

How is Endless Legends so far?

I love it. Reminds me a lot of Age of Wonders.
and the horse you rode in on

Zanza

Bought Shadowrun Returns and so far I am underwhelmed. The campaign that comes with it is just railroading you without much choice. Is the new campaign "Dragonfall" really that much better? It certainly gets better reviews.

By the way, Shadowrun Returns is 66% off on Steam at the moment.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on May 02, 2014, 11:47:31 AM
Bought Shadowrun Returns and so far I am underwhelmed. The campaign that comes with it is just railroading you without much choice.

Yeah I wasn't that impressed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

The game would need a less linear story line, a more ergonomic interface and a more complex combat system, maybe like Jagged Alliance 2.

Valmy

I found the mechanics rather disappointing.  Fighting was neither all that tactical nor fun.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

Quote from: Zanza on May 02, 2014, 02:45:36 PM
The game would need a less linear story line, a more ergonomic interface and a more complex combat system, maybe like Jagged Alliance 2.

I agree with all of this, but I'm still enjoying it for the theme.

crazy canuck

Tried out Red Dragon.  I thought I would skip all the tutorial stuff and jump right in.  How hard can an rts be to learn right?  I will be spending some time reading up on who to play this game before I try it again. :D