News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Diablo III. Haven't bought Reaper of Souls, but the base game is much improved anyway.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on April 03, 2014, 06:52:57 AM
Diablo III. Haven't bought Reaper of Souls, but the base game is much improved anyway.

:)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

I played the demo back when it first came out and was unimpressed.  Even the demo is a lot better now (other than occasional game stutters).  The question is if it's enough better than Path of Exiles to buy it.

Iormlund

I'd play Reaper of Souls, but I'm not paying €40 for it and blizz doesn't do sales.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Iormlund on April 04, 2014, 01:55:19 AM
I'd play Reaper of Souls, but I'm not paying €40 for it and blizz doesn't do sales.

Blizz does sales, it'll be 20$ in June, bet on it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I'm waiting for them to bundle the products.  I never bought Diablo, but I'm starting to get interested.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 04, 2014, 06:26:09 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on April 04, 2014, 01:55:19 AM

Blizz does sales, it'll be 20$ in June, bet on it.

Don't forget to tell me then.  :blush:

Zanza

I am downloading the Diablo III patch now. Let's see if this is fun or not. Reaper of Souls seems too expensive.

Remaining download: 10.3 GB? WTF.

frunk

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2014, 01:38:05 PM
I'm waiting for them to bundle the products.  I never bought Diablo, but I'm starting to get interested.

Diablo and the expansion are $40 each but the package is $60.

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on April 05, 2014, 05:46:20 AM
I am downloading the Diablo III patch now. Let's see if this is fun or not. Reaper of Souls seems too expensive.

My understanding is that the meta gets changed via lvl 70 items, which would require RoS. but I might be wrong there.

Scipio

Quote from: frunk on April 03, 2014, 10:09:05 AM

I played the demo back when it first came out and was unimpressed.  Even the demo is a lot better now (other than occasional game stutters).  The question is if it's enough better than Path of Exiles to buy it.
People forget how much core Diablo II sucked balls when it first came out, and how much better Lord of Destruction made it. This is essentially where we're at now- even the base game is seriously improved. Better rates of drops, better leveling rate (now you can hit Lvl 60 by the end of the second time through, guaranteed). Difficulty seems better managed as well.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

FunkMonk

Diablo 3 is indeed disgustingly better than what it was before. I've probably put in over 100 hours into it so far.    :blush:

QuoteMy understanding is that the meta gets changed via lvl 70 items, which would require RoS. but I might be wrong there.

Pretty much, yeah. The game is balanced around lvl 70 and lvl 70 items now. Also, from what I understand the patch pretty much IS Reaper of Souls, which is why it's so big. Buying the expansion basically just unlocks the content.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

The loot dropped is extremely improved compared to the crap you got earlier, which has the consequence that all my stuff on my existing characters is crap now. Even the traders have useful stuff now. Seems the prices weren't adjusted to my inflated 1.3 million gold hoard though, so everything is ridiculously cheap.

FunkMonk

Reaper of Souls has the huge gold sinks. The new class of gems that drop costs millions to craft. :bleeding:

I started playing RoS with 115 million gold in the bank. I'm down to 71 million now, mostly from crafting high-quality gems and enchanting my items.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.