News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

And a view from the hotel roof terrace.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

KRonn

Whoah Syt, that Tropico pic is pretty nice looking!    :)

Syt

Thanks. :) That's at full details in 1920x1200.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

KRonn

I checked with Gogamer.com to see if Tropico 3 was listed yet. Site shows October 20 as the release date, which I assume must be for N. America.

Syt

Quote from: KRonn on September 28, 2009, 03:15:25 PM
I checked with Gogamer.com to see if Tropico 3 was listed yet. Site shows October 20 as the release date, which I assume must be for N. America.

Yes, German/Austrian release was last friday.
—Stephen Jay Gould

HisMajestyBOB

Been playing Spelunky, a freeware dungeon-diving/Indiana-Jones wannabe game inspired by La-Mulana and roguelikes. Kinda fun, but hard.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Octavian

Empire Total war 1.4 as Spain.

By 1708 I decided to prepare for war against my ally Portugal. A year before I was ready to declare war the Brits declared war on me. I shrugged it of even though the British fleet was huge.

I managed to avoid the Portuguese army who was caught of guard and took Lisbon and thus destroyed them.

However then I noticed that the huge British fleet outside Gibraltar had unloaded John Churchil with a half stack of mixed British units. He quickly took Seville. I (who was having problems, despite my full stack army, with Portuguese riots, marched towards Seville and was defeated (auto resolved).

The next turn Churchill took Gibraltar and I, unable to reach Gibraltar that turn, marched into Portugal hoping to resolve the situation. I failed. A Portugeese rebel army sprung up and destroyed my entire royal army and then retook Portugal. I then made peace with the new Portuguese king paying a tribute of 2700.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Seen

Syt

A couple years later. The tourism center of my island is growing nicely; bananas and iron are going into export. USA and USSR are both funding me and people are happy. Basically this game is now about increasing happiness of my people, because moneywise I'm doing fine.

Of course the difficulty I picked wasn't too hard (stable island, decent prospects for resources and tourism, mostly level terrain, not too many random events - I had two cases of Lama Flu = quarantine and a tropical hurricane that killed 10 and destroyed a market).
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

I finally received my copy of IL-2 Sturmovik (360) from Amazon Monday.  Cracked it open & am enjoying it so far.  It's way to easy to take down He-111's on "easy" but I couldn't figure out how to increase the difficulty.

Also for shits & gigs, picked up the predictably horrible "Terminator: Salvation" (360) on clearance from Target for $12.48.  Possibly the worst 3rd person shooter I've ever played.  As soon as I'm done with it & have mined all the achievements I can from it, I'm trading it in to Gamestop.  Just hope they still have the trade value set at $15 by that time :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 29, 2009, 08:52:50 AM
Been playing Spelunky, a freeware dungeon-diving/Indiana-Jones wannabe game inspired by La-Mulana and roguelikes. Kinda fun, but hard.

This game is very hard.  I even died during the instructions   :lol:

Winkelried

Quote from: Syt on September 29, 2009, 03:19:09 PM
A couple years later. The tourism center of my island is growing nicely; bananas and iron are going into export. USA and USSR are both funding me and people are happy. Basically this game is now about increasing happiness of my people, because moneywise I'm doing fine.

Of course the difficulty I picked wasn't too hard (stable island, decent prospects for resources and tourism, mostly level terrain, not too many random events - I had two cases of Lama Flu = quarantine and a tropical hurricane that killed 10 and destroyed a market).

High or even average stability takes away any reason to be mean to your people. I keep getting reelected without cheating.

Btw, I had a hurricane too. After the army finished rescue operations 7 intellectuals were found dead. The army immediately denied having had any part in this.  :ph34r:

Ed Anger

Got in game night last night with a couple we know. Risk and Monopoly (I won, suck on Boardwalk, Park Place and the railroads bitches!)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2009, 08:45:09 AM
Monopoly (I won, suck on Boardwalk, Park Place and the railroads bitches!)

Did you accept non-monetary rent? :perv:
—Stephen Jay Gould