And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2009, 08:47:59 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2009, 08:45:09 AM
Monopoly (I won, suck on Boardwalk, Park Place and the railroads bitches!)

Did you accept non-monetary rent? :perv:

:lol:

I did play monopoly about 4 years ago with several women where they could pay their rent in non-traditional ways. The only dude in the game was me.

The game last night, no.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2009, 08:45:09 AM
Got in game night last night with a couple we know. Risk and Monopoly (I won, suck on Boardwalk, Park Place and the railroads bitches!)
Railroads.  That's about the only way you can make Boardwalk and Park Place work early on without having another, better monopoly.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea

I just bought Bioshock for PC. Holy crap I didn't know this game was scary! And bloody! I guess I actually didn't know what the hell this game was about.
I want my mother fucking points!

Martinus

I'm currently playing:

WoW
Civ4

and considering going back to Sims 3.

I know, I have been playing these games for the last 2-3 years or so.

BuddhaRhubarb

planning on playing some old ps2 games today. maybe godfather, bully, NHL 09.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Made a Winnipeg Jets team for Dynasty mode. I'm sucking at the controls, but managed to eek out a shootout win vs lowly LA and a sim rout of Phoenix. I made the team by picking a random selection of players I like including one actual former Jet - Selanne, and three classic Montreal players Morenz, Plante, LaFleur & Geoffrion... who Boomed the shootout winner. It's rookie Lafleur tho with short hair :(

I wish there was a way to have a pick of all kinds of players from other eras. I'd love to play a 50's Habs Vs. 70's Habs to see who wins.

CountDeMoney

I'm really pissed waiting for BF1943 to come out on PC.  I want to Hassan Chop some Marines.

BuddhaRhubarb

The line of Lafleur, Morenz & Malkin is a force to be reckoned with!

HisMajestyBOB

I JUST BEAT SPELUNKY! :w00t:

Wooo!

Damn straight.  :cool:

:cheers:

Only took me over 200 tries. :lol:

Hey, it's a hard game!  :P
Like La-Mulana meets Nethack. But not quite as hard as both, evidently, since I won.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

Lol, grats HMB!

I still occasionally fire up M.A.X. I, the first of those games. I still enjoy it. Also the original Stars! game. Has a movable, customizable windows interface which had to be ahead of its time. Kind of clunky to play, lots of detail/micromanaging, though you can automate much of it.

BuddhaRhubarb

well I played NHL 09 mostly as a manager sim (played at least one period against each team tho... to see what they looked like.) Finished the Regular season atop the League. Lafleur won the points race with Malkin & Morenz at #2, and 3 respectively. Traded a couple of Puck bags (Recchi, some other guy who hadn't done much) for Forsberg at the trade deadline.

Ready to destroy Colorado in the first round of the playoffs.

The Brain

Playing some Far Cry 2. Looks great and I have a weakness for sandboxy games. Nice in a shooter.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

While waiting for my pc to get fixed I started playing Lost Odyssey which I had picked up from the Xbox360 bargain bin a while back.

Plus: nice design (renaissance + steampunkish magic machines), nicely done cutscenes.

Minus: very linear. The interactivity so far was running along predetermined paths, seaching containers for goodies, clicking through depressing repressed memories of the hero, and collecting one liners from unimportant npcs. No dialogue choices.

Still, setting and characters have me interested in more, though I doubt there'll be much in terms of replayability.

I hope though that some space on the 4 dvds is devoted to plot and character development and not only to the very nice presentation.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Far Cry 2 has annoying features. Travelling is a chore: "wait, roadblock coming up ahead. I have already cleared it 5 times but here we go again. Zzzzz. Oh right, my ride got busted up again of course. I'm out driving in a big car with a heavy MG and I meet some lone guy in a pathetic unarmed car and he immediately goes fucking kamikaze banzai on me, wtf for? Oh I'm out in the middle of fucking nowhere and a retard with a gun starts sniping at me for no apparent reason"
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lucidor

Playing Jade Empire for the first time. I hooked up my PS3 controller and it more or less works as intended. You need those extra buttons for the attacks and counters.