London
6 (16.2%)
Oxnard
9 (24.3%)
Other
3 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

mongers

Anywhere will do, I'm sure Liecester has a perfectly decent parish church of the right age that'll do.

Kings of England (&France) are buried all over the place. Several English Kings are buried in my own county at Winchester and Kings of Wessex are buried all over the place around here, there's one about 8 miles away from me.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

I think the most interesting part of this news is that he was a hunchback after all.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

The winter of his discontent has been finally made glorious summer?

Sheilbh

York. A full Anglican-Catholic state funeral in the North would be amazing.

As Mongers said Medieval Kings of England are buried all over the place. Ironically the Tudors are the first to mostly get buried in Westminster Abbey.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on February 04, 2013, 09:35:26 AM
Anywhere will do, I'm sure Liecester has a perfectly decent parish church of the right age that'll do.

Kings of England (&France) are buried all over the place. Several English Kings are buried in my own county at Winchester and Kings of Wessex are buried all over the place around here, there's one about 8 miles away from me.  :bowler:

Nope. Kings of France are buried in the Basilica of Saint-Denis  :smarty:  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilique_Saint-Denis

QuoteThe church became a place of pilgrimage and the burial place of the French Kings, with nearly every king from the 10th to the 19th centuries (Louis XVIII is there also) being buried there, as well as many from previous centuries.

jimmy olsen

They should test the DNA of the two children found under the stairs of the Tower and see if they are the Princes as suspected.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 04, 2013, 10:04:19 AM

QuoteThe church became a place of pilgrimage and the burial place of the French Kings, with nearly every king from the 10th to the 19th centuries (Louis XVIII is there also) being buried there, as well as many from previous centuries.

Nope I meant Kings of England and France, you know the ones buiredin Normandy and Anjou. :contract:

mongers

BBC reports he's to be reburied in Leicester cathedral, shows how little I know, though I guess one could work out the city probably had a cathedral what with it being a city.

I'm sympathetic to Shelf's idea of giving his re-internment some state pomp and ceremony, though not at York, pretty cool if the Queen attended the burial of one of her predecessors. 

Maladict

Leicester has a nice little cathedral, all it lacks is a famous corpse.

OttoVonBismarck

I'd have his body thrown in the trash. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

jimmy olsen

I say bury him under the stairs of the Tower where he stuffed the Princes.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: mongers on February 04, 2013, 10:26:32 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 04, 2013, 10:04:19 AM

Nope I meant Kings of England and France, you know the ones buiredin Normandy and Anjou. :contract:

Not relevant since the Commise of 1204

btw fun fact, the french wikipedia page about the duchy of normandy has the duchy ending in 1204 (when norman rule ended), the english language page about the duchy of normandy has the duchy ending in 1469 (the the title was abolished).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

I thought the Duchy was still around but only consisted of the Channel Islands.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Quote from: mongers on February 04, 2013, 10:30:31 AM
BBC reports he's to be reburied in Leicester cathedral, shows how little I know, though I guess one could work out the city probably had a cathedral what with it being a city.

I'm sympathetic to Shelf's idea of giving his re-internment some state pomp and ceremony, though not at York, pretty cool if the Queen attended the burial of one of her predecessors.

That will not happen, as Richard III is officially the usurper, a kinslayer, and Henry VII the rightful king even Bosworth Fields. You and I we know it isn't the whole truth (wink, wink; nudge, nudge), but it is the Tudor and the Crown's official line. To give him pump and funeral would basically attack the legitimacy of the Windsor family as it descends from the Plantagenets only from the back door (by the marriage of Catherine to Owen Tudor, and Henry VII's marriage to Elizabeth of York).

Also, obviously the two Princes' skeletons should be tested, once and for all. There are no possibility of a confusion like in Louis XVII's case.

Viking

Quote from: Drakken on February 04, 2013, 11:11:18 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 04, 2013, 10:30:31 AM

That will not happen, as Richard III is officially an usurper, and Henry VII was the rightful king even Bosworth Fields. To you and I we know it isn't true (wink, wink; nudge, nudge), but it is the Tudor official line. To give him pump and funeral would basically attack the legitimacy of the Windsor family as it descends from the Plantagenets only from the back door (by the marriage of Catherine to Owen Tudor, and Henry VII's marriage to Elizabeth of York).

From the official royal family website; the entry for King Richard III. So, yeah, if the present monarch thinks he was legitimate he was legitimate.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/HistoryoftheMonarchy/KingsandQueensofEngland/TheYorkists/RichardIII.aspx

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.