News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls Online

Started by Syt, January 22, 2013, 01:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

I'm just hoping it's a big enough fail that Bethsoft doesn't mess around in the MMO arena ever again, but not a big enough fail that it sinks the company. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on February 10, 2014, 12:12:07 PM
It's like Skyrim for morons.

It kinda just feels like Skyrim but with a bunch of other people wandering around. I guess similar to if you played Skyrim with a bevy of followers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on February 10, 2014, 12:17:03 PM
I'm just hoping it's a big enough fail that Bethsoft doesn't mess around in the MMO arena ever again, but not a big enough fail that it sinks the company. :hmm:

:D Indeed, we want a TES VI! 

I've barely begun to scratch the surface of this one.  I keep restarting at around lvl 25 after adding new mods.  And I'm trying to get my head around the CK to make a house... less than intuitive.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

OttoVonBismarck

I've actually been hankering to play an MMO again, but the problem is it'd need to be very different from the MMOs that were popular from 1999-2012. So I kinda miss certain aspects of say, having a character you develop overtime in a multiplayer setting, but I can't think of any implementation that's out there for that genre that I'd want to play again. I guess I'm wanting someone to invent a new and fun take on MMOs. I'm not holding my breath on that happening  :D.

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 12, 2014, 02:36:00 PM

I've actually been hankering to play an MMO again, but the problem is it'd need to be very different from the MMOs that were popular from 1999-2012. So I kinda miss certain aspects of say, having a character you develop overtime in a multiplayer setting, but I can't think of any implementation that's out there for that genre that I'd want to play again. I guess I'm wanting someone to invent a new and fun take on MMOs. I'm not holding my breath on that happening  :D.

You and I are in the same boat.  I also miss having a character I can develop over time and play with friends from time to time.  But then I realize most game design focuses on getting to the end game grinds asap. 

When WoW was first released it was a lot of fun because it took a lot of time to get to the end game.  I didnt really start playing the end game until years after release.  That was fun for a while but I have been there and done that.  I want something different now.

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on February 10, 2014, 12:12:07 PM
It's like Skyrim for morons.

Really?  Maybe I should look into it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 12, 2014, 02:36:00 PM
I guess I'm wanting someone to invent a new and fun take on MMOs. I'm not holding my breath on that happening  :D.

Heh, no...I don't think that's going to be happening any time soon.  Is it because the industry's become risk-averse and won't try anything paradigm-shattering, or is it because there's only so many ways to build a sustainable MMORPG mouse trap and we're all fresh out of cheese?

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah, I think I'd like to find a game that is like WoW was when I first played it, but it may be that experience is only really fun precisely because it's the first time you've done it. Although I did actually enjoy EverQuest for a couple years from like 99-01, then picked up WoW in '05 or so; maybe it just needs a longer cooling off period.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

All the chat box will be is I TOOK AN ARROW IN THE KNEE, LOLZ
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

A friend recommended Tera to me, so I've been messing around with that.

He likes it a lot, but I am kind of "Meh". Same old, same old, so far as I can tell.

With some really weird art choices.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Oh yeah, Tera was kinda of fun. Especially when they gave everyone a max character.

Koreans enjoy really weird art.

The bad thing with Tera is that the American & European publishers and player base have no inputs on the game. Korea decides & we get stuck with those decision.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Lndhand

Played during the stress test...first time in beta for the game.  I loved EQ.  I loved WOW.  I really liked SWOR.  I was very meh about this game.  Too many negatives to make me pony up the money for the game and the monthly fee.  Oh well. 
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.