Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls Online

Started by Syt, January 22, 2013, 01:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Alcibiades

Tried it out Sunday, I liked it.  Picked up the imperial edition for $60 on Nuveem.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

This past weekend was apparently the one where they waived the NDA. I didn't even bother logging in.

Seems to me like the best part about it was that it was Skyrim but not in the limiting biosphere of tundra. But then, I paid for Skyrim once, with all expansions, on sale. Doesn't seem like a comparable value to buy it and then pay-to-play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 17, 2014, 09:00:30 PM
Tried it out Sunday, I liked it.  Picked up the imperial edition for $60 on Nuveem.

Yeah, I quite liked the look of it too, so will be giving it a go.

Beenherebefore

Quote from: garbon on March 17, 2014, 09:05:16 PM
This past weekend was apparently the one where they waived the NDA. I didn't even bother logging in.

Seems to me like the best part about it was that it was Skyrim but not in the limiting biosphere of tundra. But then, I paid for Skyrim once, with all expansions, on sale. Doesn't seem like a comparable value to buy it and then pay-to-play.

What I like about Skyrim that still makes me come back and play it two and a half year later is the modding community.

That, and a strange attachment to Solstheim.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

crazy canuck

To all you guys who have been playing it - how is it?

Caliga

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 25, 2014, 04:35:09 AM
What I like about Skyrim that still makes me come back and play it two and a half year later is the modding community.

That, and a strange attachment to Solstheim.
It's the greatest CRPG (as opposed to JRPG) of all time, easily.  I keep coming back to it over and over.  I'm in an 'off' phase right now but at some point I'll go back and actually play Dragonborn (I have already beaten the main quest several times and the Dawnguard DLC once).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 09, 2014, 11:33:55 AM

Everything is difficult.

Unfortunately I do not mean in a challenging way, just difficult as in crap UI, micro-management of inventory ......... that sort of thing. It looks great but that blasted UI keeps on spoiling things.

My son reckons that addons and mods might well sort a lot of these problems out, but atm he can't be bothered to play it either.

Most disappointing  :(

garbon

:hmm:

I don't recall interface being too difficult - at least not in comparison to Skyrim.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 09, 2014, 01:53:55 PM

Everything is difficult.

Unfortunately I do not mean in a challenging way, just difficult as in crap UI, micro-management of inventory ......... that sort of thing. It looks great but that blasted UI keeps on spoiling things.

My son reckons that addons and mods might well sort a lot of these problems out, but atm he can't be bothered to play it either.

Thanks RH, I think I will wait on it then.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 09, 2014, 01:53:55 PM

Everything is difficult.

My friends or I aren't really having any problems with the inventory..... :unsure:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Richard Hakluyt

Probably depends on how much crafting you want to do, I ran out really quickly and couldn't face the idea of using a bank character  :hmm:

Re the interface, garbon is right to say it is no worse than Skyrim, but I like things to flow easier in a MMO game, it is more important.....there are real people to chat to etc etc. Of course I'm getting older and it takes longer for me to get up to speed with a different interface than you young'uns  :P

Grallon

I can't stabilize Skyrim and I don't have 1500$ to upgrade the PC again and I'm getting tired of redoing the same early steps every time I try a new game to see if it's stable so I though of this.  My continued dislike of MMOs remain but I still hunger for Tamriel.  How does it compare to the real thing?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Brain

Did you try restarting the computer?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.