And we're back!

Main Menu

War Thunder?

Started by Syt, January 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Seedy - you playing as JonBenetRamjet?

If so, I totally failed to kill you in that last battle. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

:lol: That was one of my best rounds. 

Barrister

Barrister

Couldn't find you again. :(

But I do feel like I have slowly figured out what to do in this game.  I may not be at the top of the leaderboard, but I'm no longer at the bottom...

Lettow77

Huehuehue

Historical battle for Japan is back, -and- they fixed the zero's horrid flight model.

I lost a wing (!) and made it back to base thanks to the emperor's grace and some absurd flight maneuvering. (deployed gears to counterbalance, fiddling with ailerons/elevators constantly..)

The Russians were mad. (oh- its a 1939 manchuria scenario)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2013, 01:07:32 AM

But I do feel like I have slowly figured out what to do in this game. 

use the mouse and do maneuvers no airplane could do?

Lettow77

If you want autism mode you can go to historical battles
where the ki-43 hayabusa can fight the good might against the mig-15

11B4V

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 02, 2013, 07:41:25 AM
If you want autism mode you can go to historical battles
where the ki-43 hayabusa can fight the good might against the mig-15

:huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Lettow77

Its like he doesn't know about Zhukov's secret weapon at Khalkhin Gol

Barrister

So is there much point or interest in trying to group up and run some missions together, since it looks like several people are playing?

11B4V

How is the game with a joystick? Net rummors are saying it's not very good with a JS. Saying they havent calibrated the game optimally for one.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I have a Saitek X52, and they have the profile for it embedded, but I dropped it for the mouse, which is much more responsive.

They gotta do something with that damned Japanese boatplane, though.  That thing sucks ass as a fighter.  It's got a good cannon, but it's like flying a water buffalo.

Lettow77

It is much more agile than it used to be as of yesterday. Get it on its side and it will turn fairly sharply.

Also, abandon unhallowed dreams of flying above 300 km/h as things that cannot be

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 03, 2013, 10:21:22 AM
It is much more agile than it used to be as of yesterday. Get it on its side and it will turn fairly sharply.

Also, abandon unhallowed dreams of flying above 300 km/h as things that cannot be

How the fuck else am I going to slam into a mountain so hard?

Razgovory

Game crashed right after I shot someone down. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017