News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War Thunder?

Started by Syt, January 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Quote from: Razgovory on April 25, 2013, 09:25:20 PM
I barely hit the plane at all.  They are always moving!

If this is the problem, the solution is a lame 30mm cannon. You don't have to worry about shot distribution- if you can land any at all you are in business, and in arcade a bubble for the mentally handicapped helpfully guides the way. The aerocobra will end your concerns, and you get two of them, because  U-S-A
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

It's kind of fun, though I have little idea what I'm doing.

Should I focus on the enemy planes?  Should I focus on the ground targets?

in-game name is Barrister.  Shocked, I know.  Playing the Brits.  You're shocked again, I can tell.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

The game is a lot of fun.

It is too bad they aren't going to wipe and start over at some point though. The structure of their tech/research tree if a fucking disaster, and I don't see any way of fixing it absent a wipe and start over.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2013, 07:33:25 AM
The game is a lot of fun.

It is too bad they aren't going to wipe and start over at some point though. The structure of their tech/research tree if a fucking disaster, and I don't see any way of fixing it absent a wipe and start over.

Yeah, I'm not particularly enamored with the tech tree, either.  Or the fact that you level out of competitiveness too fast.

Syt

I think I was on tier 3 when I realized, "hey, I can improve my crew's skill points with XP!".  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

The Russian hardware in this game is so overpowered, it's simply obnoxious.  I'm giving it a couple more days, though.
But it is pretty ridiculous.

Berkut

I think if anything the Brit and American stuff is the best.

The Russian fighters are pretty so so. The IL-2 is awesome, but it should be. Their bombers are crap.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2013, 09:50:47 AM
The Russian hardware in this game is so overpowered, it's simply obnoxious.  I'm giving it a couple more days, though.
But it is pretty ridiculous.

Those little biplanes are murder.  They can outpace, out climb and  out turn, every other plane at that level and quite in higher tiers.  And those four machine guns.  Ug.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Regarding Russian balance- it is worse early on. As raz has noted, the Russian starter biplane is way better than the competition, with much more firepower, as well as having other advantages. Russia's level 2 fighter gets rockets without any levelling, and can get insta-kills on any bomber in one pass with them; its all very troubling.

Once you get around level 6 though, it recedes a bit. The level 6 spitfire is superior to the Yak russians get at the same time, but Britain is also unlocking an absurdly armed beaufighter at the same level. America is even better, because they get two aerocobras and can begin masturbating. Germany gets the first of the many 109s it will unlock and the long nightmare of german early tech slowly dissipates.  (we won't mention japan because..obviously.)

Admittedly, Russia in its Yak-9T will not cease being an irritant, and Russia can never be said to be very underpowered. But it is only early on that their balance is completely galling.

edit: those who have porous anal sores about russian balance could always play in historical mode, where they won't have to confront such subhumans

Alcibiades

Their biplane is ridiculous and their 9T destroys everything around it with one hit.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2013, 09:33:09 AM
I think I was on tier 3 when I realized, "hey, I can improve my crew's skill points with XP!".  :blush:

Wait? what!

*goes take a look*

CountDeMoney

I said fuck it and I spent some money, and tricked out my crews hardcore.

I'm totally keeping my Swordfish around, all tricked out and graffiti'd up and shit, just to annoy the in-game Neils.  My tailgunner brings shit down in nothing flat now.

Lettow77

CDM, you should form a party with me :3

CountDeMoney

Lettow77