News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War Thunder?

Started by Syt, January 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

There was one round that had so much fog and rain, practically every kill was a ram. 

Razgovory

I am no good with the early German planes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Once you start tricking out the BF-109s, then you'll start having fun.

Lettow77

Bf-109 is good enough to go be super fair on realism mode. It is much more fair than the allied planes, which lose a strong majority of the historical battles involving germany.

(Currently, when you automatch Russia you might plausibly fight any of the other factions- you can be automatched in Korea, Manchuria or Germany. The only one Russia has anything like a favorable outcome on is Korea.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2013, 04:27:56 PM
Once you start tricking out the BF-109s, then you'll start having fun.

This is what I figured.  When I play my American planes when I get shot down it's almost always a BF-109 or a Spitfire that shoots me down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on May 18, 2013, 05:33:17 PM
When I play my American planes when I get shot down it's almost always a BF-109 or a Spitfire that shoots me down.

Well, that shit don't change.

I love the firepower of the American planes, but all the Hellcats and Wildcats are boats and the various 'hawks can't climb for shit.

Razgovory

If I can get that 37 on target I get to watch both wings and the tail fly off an enemy plane.  Course it's hard to hit with it.  It's like throwing big rock at the enemy.  I've discovered an interesting strategy.  Fly a fast bomber close to the enemy and then fly as fast as possible away from all objectives.  You'll likely have four to six 'tards trailing you the whole way.  They might even crash into each other as they try to get a kill.

Razgovory

Saw Seedy!  One time I played on his side (he was ranked first and I second)  Second time he shot me down twice and I shot him down twice.  I surprise he didn't ram me.

CountDeMoney

I killed you with my tailgunner.  Don't fuck with grumbler in the back seat, man.

Razgovory

Man, soviet shit is overpowered.  I shot down 8 guys in one match.  7 in one plane.  I only crashed because my own team mate flew in front of me with a goddamn biplane trying to steal a kill.  The IL2 is even a decent fighter.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I've come to the realization that you simply can't outmatch the Soviet stuff, no matter what you've got.

It's been fun, but I'm losing my interest in it.  The economic model is beyond shit broken.

Berkut

I mostly quit once I reached level 8 US, and realized that I will never have the patience to get 400k together for the next B25...which is functionally identical to the current B25.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

I just don't understand the concept of Bonus XP...you have millions of it, yet the only thing you can do with it is to convert it level up (with a gold cost, no less!) so you can see more planes you can't afford.

Such broken model.

Lettow77

Historical mode is more lucrative, and also tones down Russia.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

They made a major update.  For some reason, everything looked weird to me.  Russian stuff is still overpowered.  I flew in group of six enemies by myself in a Yak and shot down 4 before they killed me.