News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Should Meri report her professor?

Started by merithyn, January 17, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well? Should she?

Absolutely! Teaching manners to cads is far more important than her potential career.
No way! Keeping your head down and your nose clean is the way to go through life!
Don't know what you're talking about and/or frankly don't care.
Wheee! A poll!!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on January 18, 2013, 11:05:33 AM
The insularity of the professor's life are both a comfort to those who don't adjust well and a reinforcement to those tendencies to be weird.  It happens in all the areas, and while not every professor is weird, a good many are and some are really weird.  Mostly they mean no harm, they just have no clue.

I always enjoyed watching them on camera, pushing the doors that had "PULL" signs on them.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

For some reason, a lot of instructors from Asia seem to think every door is automatic.  They just stand in front of them, waiting to open.  Funniest damned thing.  They'll stand there forever until they see someone walk through, and then it clicks.  ITS A MANUAL DOOR ROR

garbon

I've found tirez and poussez very easy to understand in France. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on January 18, 2013, 12:30:35 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2013, 12:23:22 PMWhat an asshole I am.

If you want to change that, I recommend that you 1) work on your listening skills; and 2) try to steer discussions away from right-vs-wrong adversarial debates.

Of course, that's only if you care :)

I certainly don't care to make sure I come across as the white knight there to rescue the damsel in distress, so I doubt I will ever get the Jacob Seal of Approval.

It is amusing though that you demand that I listen better immediately after you admittedly lie about my posts in order to make certain you can claim I said much that I did not - adversarial indeed.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2013, 03:03:00 PM

If you want to change that, I recommend that you 1) work on your listening skills; and 2) try to steer discussions away from right-vs-wrong adversarial debates.

I certainly don't care to make sure I come across as the white knight there to rescue the damsel in distress, so I doubt I will ever get the Jacob Seal of Approval.

It is amusing though that you demand that I listen better immediately after you admittedly lie about my posts in order to make certain you can claim I said much that I did not - adversarial indeed.

First, how condescending that if someone disagrees with you (and inadvertantly agrees with me in the process) they must be a white knight trying to rescue me. Maybe they just, you know, disagree with you.

And second, what part did he lie about? It looked pretty spot on to me. I'd love to know where he mis-represented you.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on January 18, 2013, 03:28:49 PM
First, how condescending that if someone disagrees with you (and inadvertantly agrees with me in the process) they must be a white knight trying to rescue me. Maybe they just, you know, disagree with you.

Yeah, but that is Jake's shtick, though. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2013, 09:59:59 AM
Office hours seemed strange. They were always like come on down whenever you feel like - and it was like yeah but what am I going to say?
I used to go to one of my history professor's office hours and ask him random questions that weren't really part of the class material but stuff I knew he'd know something about.  One time we had an hour long discussion about when exactly Greek paganism went extinct.  Good times.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2013, 03:52:34 PM

Yeah, but that is Jake's shtick, though.

That whole "white knight" crap is thrown out whenever someone agrees with me and says so. It can't just be that they agree with me. No, it's "going to the girlie-girl's defense as if she needs you har har".  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Berkut

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2013, 03:03:00 PM

Nothing to do with disagreeing with me and everything to do with Jake's modus operandi. His entire bit where he came in and blatnatly lied about what I said, then clearly went out of his way to completely mis0characterize my point in order to get you to act exactly the way you are acting right now.

And second, what part did he lie about? It looked pretty spot on to me. I'd love to know where he mis-represented you.

He said I said you were silly and over-emotional. I never said either of those things.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on January 18, 2013, 04:01:18 PM
That whole "white knight" crap is thrown out whenever someone agrees with me and says so. It can't just be that they agree with me. No, it's "going to the girlie-girl's defense as if she needs you har har".  :rolleyes:

Wait a minute, there.  I never get that label when I agree with you :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall