News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Should Meri report her professor?

Started by merithyn, January 17, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well? Should she?

Absolutely! Teaching manners to cads is far more important than her potential career.
No way! Keeping your head down and your nose clean is the way to go through life!
Don't know what you're talking about and/or frankly don't care.
Wheee! A poll!!

merithyn

Berk says I should, or I'm just a big baby. MiM and CC say just get on with things. What do the rest of you say?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

I think you should flash one of the young 'uns those blue ribbon milk jugs, show 'em what they look like in real life.

DGuller

No, not yet.  I always see going to a third party to complain as a nuclear option, as it can permanently damage the relationship with the person being tattled on.

Richard Hakluyt

I don't see the need to go all official about it  :hmm:

If you are offended then tell him that you are offended, no need to drag the poor old dinosaur into a world of pain  :P

derspiess

No. Give him the chance to fix it first.

And Seedy you stole my idea.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Depends. Has he expressed counter-revolutionary sentiments?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

e) Have Max go with you to be the Helicopter parent. Demand an "A" for the course.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 17, 2013, 06:14:56 PM
e) Have Max go with you to be the Helicopter parent. Demand an "A" for the course.

:lol:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

Do you think you can take him in a fight?  If you beat the shit out him he's unlikely to report you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

Other, go to the next class as usual and if there are no problems move on. If it continues to be an issue you can then reasonably decide between a) talking to him about it or b) reporting him to some higher authority.

I'm not a big fan of live and let live, but I'm also not a big fan of making mountains out of molehills, which is what this would be if it's a one time thing.

Jacob

What Otto said.

Copy the account you wrote to some other file (so if you need to use it in the future, you don't have to involve languish). Go to the next class or three and decide if it's still an issue. If so, decide then whether it's worth it.

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 17, 2013, 06:45:14 PM
Other, go to the next class as usual and if there are no problems move on. If it continues to be an issue you can then reasonably decide between a) talking to him about it or b) reporting him to some higher authority.

I'm not a big fan of live and let live, but I'm also not a big fan of making mountains out of molehills, which is what this would be if it's a one time thing.

I think there is some sense in this.  If it gets worse then you probably need to do something about it because it will likely have an adverse affect on you - besides the university administrators will be horrified but it doesnt sound like you are there yet.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

I like the beating him up solution.  You should seriously consider this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

I gave you my advice in the other thread;  basically, what Richard Hakluyt said.

However, Seedy's suggestion is not without merit.  I think you should practice first before trying it in class though, so make a video of yourself flashing your tits and post it for us so we can give you some critiques and pointers before you do it live.