News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Should Meri report her professor?

Started by merithyn, January 17, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well? Should she?

Absolutely! Teaching manners to cads is far more important than her potential career.
No way! Keeping your head down and your nose clean is the way to go through life!
Don't know what you're talking about and/or frankly don't care.
Wheee! A poll!!

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Er, having read through the other thread, unless I missed something (like the part where the prof asked you to stay after class, groped you, took out his dick and asked you to suck it) then no, I'd sooner eat that tarantula before bitching to the higher admin that the prof is rather eccentric and socially awkward.

I'm actually surprised the thought even crossed your mind, you've always struck me as a tough broad.

You attention whorin' us Meri? Stop it. Marti has that shit on lockdown.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

HVC

She's publicly shaming berk :P

Anyone, I voted the ignore it option.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Monoriu

No.  You have more important things to worry about.

Josquius

From the thread it doesnt seem like he has quite crossed the line into being intolerable. His sexism is more just in the old man vein and it doesn:t seem to be directly hindering you too much.
Seems to be something for the evaluation forms rather than kicking up a fuss about.
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

What is funny about this is that most people are saying EXACTLY what I said.

Yes, you should do something about it. Or alternatively, do nothing about it, in which case it must not really be all that bad.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2013, 11:07:39 PM
From the thread it doesnt seem like he has quite crossed the line into being intolerable. His sexism is more just in the old man vein and it doesn:t seem to be directly hindering you too much.
Seems to be something for the evaluation forms rather than kicking up a fuss about.

Careful Tyr, if you don't agree this is a crisis, you may get the old "Fuck you" treatment.

Sadly, it is directly hindering Meri greatly - she was publicly "humiliated" and nearly in tears, and was considering not even returning to the class.

Sounds pretty hindering to me.

0 rows returned

Berkut

QuoteAbsolutely! Teaching manners to cads is far more important than her potential career.

Does anyone really believe that Meri talking to or even reporting her entry level computer programming teacher for saying in public "It's when we get to the programming that it's going to be hard because you have to focus on one small thing at a time, and women have a hard time with that. But that's okay, because you're going to have it so much easier with the social stuff, like now."

Can possibly have any effect on her career prospects? Or even her scholastic prospects?

I am guessing any university in the US today is going to fall all over themselves to make sure there cannot be any possible repercussions once a comment like that is reported and substantiated by the other students in the class.

Hell, for that matter, she could probably sue them for a lot more than she can make as a programmer if there were.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Nah his being a jerk is his problem.  Best to focus on yours, particularly if this is the last time he does something like this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on January 17, 2013, 11:11:06 PM
What is funny about this is that most people are saying EXACTLY what I said.

Yes, you should do something about it. Or alternatively, do nothing about it, in which case it must not really be all that bad.

I think we're getting a bit less worked up about it, but though :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on January 18, 2013, 12:19:46 AM
What happened?

Prof was socially awkward to Meri. She recounted it in another thread. Berkut told her she was being silly and emotional and then got upset when Meri told him to fuck off.

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on January 18, 2013, 12:43:35 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 18, 2013, 12:19:46 AM
What happened?

Prof was socially awkward to Meri. She recounted it in another thread. Berkut told her she was being silly and emotional and then got upset when Meri told him to fuck off.

That is accurate except for the part where Berkut told her she was being silly or emotional. Didn't say either of those things.

0 rows returned