Good or Bad?

Good
35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 30, 2013, 04:17:49 PM
K-pop stinks of western influences.
All asian cultures of note are the product of western influences.  We introduced civilization to the region.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kleves

What do you mean "we," you filthy freeloading canuck?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Neil

Quote from: Kleves on January 30, 2013, 11:21:11 PM
Part of the Empire, the vessel from which civilization flows.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2013, 09:28:49 PM

:unsure:

Quote from: Gangnam style lyricsNa je nun ta sa ro un in gan jo gin yo ja
Ko pi han ja ne yo yu rul a neun pum gyo gi nun yo ja
Ba mi o myon shim ja ngi tu go wo ji nun yo ja
Gu ron ban jon i nun yo ja

Now granted he does say 'style' in the song.
What the fuck is that? Why does it break it down into syllabyls instead of words?

Yoja = woman
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on January 30, 2013, 10:01:06 PM

Because they include some of the same people, the ones that survived,  and many are financed by the same people, the ones who've had no difficulty surviving. 

So until such time that the sources of the finance and propaganda are tackled, then the West will continue to play wack-a-rat across the middle latitudes of Eastern hemisphere.
We know exactly who's funding them. Saudi Arabia. :angry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2013, 02:12:26 PM
Gangnam Style is Western Culture?

Yes

It is made with the western music scale and conforming with western musical conventions. The text just happens to be in Korean.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on January 30, 2013, 11:35:00 PM
Yes

It is made with the western music scale and conforming with western musical conventions. The text just happens to be in Korean.

Oh and I suppose everytime somebody takes a yoga class in Oklahoma City suddenly it is in the Indian cultural sphere?  Cultures borrow from each other and make stuff their own all the time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2013, 11:32:21 PM

Because they include some of the same people, the ones that survived,  and many are financed by the same people, the ones who've had no difficulty surviving. 

So until such time that the sources of the finance and propaganda are tackled, then the West will continue to play wack-a-rat across the middle latitudes of Eastern hemisphere.
We know exactly who's founding them. Saudi Arabia. :angry:

Do you mean the government of Saudi Arabia, or one or more Saudi Arabians?  Or does it hurt to have to think that hard?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

IIRC, evidence of wire transfers from members of the Saudi royal family have been found. However given the size of the royal family, that doesn't say much.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2013, 12:03:01 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 30, 2013, 11:35:00 PM
Yes

Oh and I suppose everytime somebody takes a yoga class in Oklahoma City suddenly it is in the Indian cultural sphere?  Cultures borrow from each other and make stuff their own all the time.

Oh, so you realize that the whole thing is complicated? Just because Gangman Style is western doesn't mean it isn't Korean as well. And yes, yoga classes which are held in ok city are part of indian culture as well as western.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2013, 12:04:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2013, 11:32:21 PM

We know exactly who's founding them. Saudi Arabia. :angry:

Do you mean the government of Saudi Arabia, or one or more Saudi Arabians?  Or does it hurt to have to think that hard?

bomb them all, let god sort them out. We'll steal their oil.

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on January 30, 2013, 11:22:20 PM
Quote from: Kleves on January 30, 2013, 11:21:11 PM
Part of the Empire, the vessel from which civilization flows.

Psellus have some bad news for you

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 30, 2013, 09:53:50 PM
I hate Korea.
To be fair she was probably under Ide's influence for a lot of the time you knew her.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on January 31, 2013, 12:28:31 AM
Oh, so you realize that the whole thing is complicated? Just because Gangman Style is western doesn't mean it isn't Korean as well. And yes, yoga classes which are held in ok city are part of indian culture as well as western.

I guess I felt it was pretty simple, whatever is in American culture is in American culture regardless of its origin.  We did not actually invent much culturally out of whole cloth after all.  Everything came from Europe or Africa or wherever at one point and we did something with it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."