35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2013, 02:12:26 PM
Gangnam Style is Western Culture?

Well, he is riding and roping like a cowboy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

K-pop stinks of western influences.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on January 30, 2013, 04:30:45 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 30, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

:)

There you go. :cheers:

Ah so this is a hatred for the modern globalized world thing.  I was trying to figure out in what twisted weird way a KOrean song was part of western culture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2013, 04:41:54 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 30, 2013, 04:30:45 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 30, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

:)

There you go. :cheers:

Ah so this is a hatred for the modern globalized world thing.  I was trying to figure out in what twisted weird way a KOrean song was part of western culture.

WTF is wrong with you man ?

On the spectrum of:
American/English Bubblegum Pop ---- Lunatic Burn All Books That Aren't the Koran

I'd think it's safe to post this Korean Bubblegum Pop figure who found fame via youtube/intertubs and sung it in English, fairly close to the left end of that line, not in bed with Madonna, but close.

mongers

What justice was like under the jihadis in Mali

Issa Alzouma made a living from digging gravel for construction companies until they cut off his hand.

Arrested last December on suspicion of stealing a motorbike that he says was his anyway, he was brought before the Sharia court in Gao and sentenced to amputation.

Over the last two days, I've had something of a tour of the justice system the Mujao, which is Movements for Jihad and Unity, installed in Gao, Mali, during their nine months of rule. They took over what used to be the mayor's office and turned it into the  "justice" centre.

Two men, accused of homosexuality, who were supposed to be executed last Friday, showed me the room they were taken to be tried and beaten. On the floor I found a file with lists of names – these were the women who had been whipped for failing to wear the veil, and the men punished for smoking.

A large airless room in the back of the compound became the Sharia court. Here they and other prisoners were brought to sit in front of two or three Islamic judges who they call marabouts. They said that the judges were mainly Pakistanis and some Tunisians and the whole proceedings were overseen by the Moroccan jihadi in charge of the town, known as Abdel Karim. As the judges passed sentence, a crowd of jihadi supporters behind them watched. Some of the women were flogged right there in the court house. A black patch in front marks the place where cigarettes were ground into the sand and smokers whipped. A few yards away is the stadium where the residents of Gao once watched football and were now forced to come to watch amputations.

One of the most disturbing things I've learnt is that those condemned to these harsh punishments were all black Malians – Sonrai, Peul, Bamba, and Della, traditionally the slaves of the Tuareg. The jihadis were a mixture of Malian Arabs and Tuaregs as well as many foreign jihadis.

"They would never do this to one of their own," said Issa.

Rest of article here, well worth a read:
http://blogs.channel4.com/lindsey-hilsum-on-international-affairs/what-justice-was-like-under-the-jihadis-in-mali/1644

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on January 30, 2013, 08:03:12 PM
I'd think it's safe to post this Korean Bubblegum Pop figure who found fame via youtube/intertubs and sung it in English, fairly close to the left end of that line, not in bed with Madonna, but close.

You should probably give it another listen.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on January 30, 2013, 08:03:12 PM
WTF is wrong with you man ?

Me?  You say stuff to get us riled up right?  Nothing personal.

:unsure:

Quote from: Gangnam style lyricsNa je nun ta sa ro un in gan jo gin yo ja
Ko pi han ja ne yo yu rul a neun pum gyo gi nun yo ja
Ba mi o myon shim ja ngi tu go wo ji nun yo ja
Gu ron ban jon i nun yo ja

Now granted he does say 'style' in the song.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on January 30, 2013, 08:18:57 PM

http://blogs.channel4.com/lindsey-hilsum-on-international-affairs/what-justice-was-like-under-the-jihadis-in-mali/1644

That is exactly what the Taliban did right down to using soccer fields for beheadings.  Wow.

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2013, 09:53:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 30, 2013, 08:18:57 PM

That is exactly what the Taliban did right down to using soccer fields for beheadings.  Wow.

Because they include some of the same people, the ones that survived,  and many are financed by the same people, the ones who've had no difficulty surviving. 

So until such time that the sources of the finance and propaganda are tackled, then the West will continue to play wack-a-rat across the middle latitudes of Eastern hemisphere.

Tonitrus

We should blame the British Empire for liberating the Middle East.

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 30, 2013, 10:27:40 PM
We should blame the British Empire for liberating the Middle East.

Blame Lawrence ?