6 (10.5%)
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:16:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:12:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:08:40 PM
The rest are posers.  Except Janeway.  She was cool as all balls.
And because it is so lovely.

*snip*
Yeah, wouldn't have had a problem working for her.  I prefer competence over gender.
Yeah, she would have sacrificed you to save her holographic masturbatory aid.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Went picard becasue i'd be more likely to survive. Plus, a french man with an english accent? That means we won the future.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

picard would be the best to have as your boss.
kirk would probally be the worst, he'd be a horrible person to serve under
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2013, 11:18:09 PM
See, but it was a research ship with guns.  The fact that the Enterprise was so powerful was a function of the superior technology of Starfleet.

And also, because Gene Roddenberry was a hippie.

All previous Enterprises still didn't have families on board.  Miniskirts, yeah.  Families with children, no.  That's simple negligence.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:20:04 PM
Went picard becasue i'd be more likely to survive. Plus, a french man with an english accent? That means we won the future.

And here I thought you were throwing in for Whoopi.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 07, 2013, 11:13:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:10:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2013, 11:06:54 PM
Probably Picard.  That ship wasn't in the shit, most of the time.

Never understood why a ship like that--a warship with research functions, not vice versa, and sent off to the far corners of the universe, alone--would have families on board.  Talk about a fleet going soft.

It wasn't supposed to be a warship, though.  DS9 makes clear that the Defiant-class was the first true warship Starfleet ever built.

But it's bullshit, since they fought wars with their ships.

See also, and especially, Yesterday's Enterprise--the one with the alternate reality where they've been at war with the Klingons for twenty years.  Is the Enterprise-D any different?  Well, it's badly lit.  That's the distinction between warship and explorer in the Trek universe: fewer fluorescent light bulbs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:23:20 PM

God she was an annoying know it all, wasn't she?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:20:53 PM
See, but it was a research ship with guns.  The fact that the Enterprise was so powerful was a function of the superior technology of Starfleet.

All previous Enterprises still didn't have families on board.  Miniskirts, yeah.  Families with children, no.  That's simple negligence.

New York, then.  Bad choice.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:24:19 PM

Between Sister Act and Reading Rainbow, I honestly didn't know what to make of Next Generations as a kid. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2013, 11:25:16 PM

Back in reality, not so much. :)

HVC

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:25:47 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:24:19 PM

Between Sister Act and Reading Rainbow, I honestly didn't know what to make of Next Generations as a kid. :D
for the longest time i though levar burton was actually blind :blush:

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2013, 11:25:16 PM

Back in reality, not so much. :)

:)

Though I make more, adjusted for PPP, than I would in NYC doing the same job.  No shit.  That market is dead.  Doesn't affect you, I'm just saying.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:26:42 PM

On behalf of the generation that still remembers Roots, :bleeding:

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:26:42 PM

On behalf of the generation that still remembers Roots, :bleeding:
Just to make you feel old: i was 3 when TNG came out :D

Neil

The previous Enterprises were from Cold War land, where there was danger in the galaxy.  In Picard's time, the Romulans were in hiding and the Klingons were defeated and allied to the Federation.  It had been decades since they fought the Cardassians.  They had gone soft.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.