Katherine Janeway/Chakotay
6 (10.5%)
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2013, 11:27:51 PM
:)

Though I make more, adjusted for PPP, than I would in NYC doing the same job.  No shit.  That market is dead.  Doesn't affect you, I'm just saying.

Oh it it totally over-saturated but then living in New York isn't about achieving the best quality of living.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:32:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:26:42 PM
for the longest time i though levar burton was actually blind :blush:

On behalf of the generation that still remembers Roots, :bleeding:
Just to make you feel old: i was 3 when TNG came out :D
You're basically my age? :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:40:19 PM
Oh it it totally over-saturated but then living in New York isn't about achieving the best quality of living.

Yeah, the point of living in New York is Living In New York.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:41:15 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:32:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:26:42 PM
for the longest time i though levar burton was actually blind :blush:

On behalf of the generation that still remembers Roots, :bleeding:
Just to make you feel old: i was 3 when TNG came out :D
You're basically my age? :o
i think you, Grey Fox, and myself are all the same age.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:42:54 PM

Indeed.

@HVC - And we're all in such different life places!

HVC

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:55:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:42:54 PM

Indeed.

@HVC - And we're all in such different life places!
You're traveling the world and living in new York so you win :lol:  . Depending on how you consider kids and a family then I'm either second or third :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 07, 2013, 11:46:54 PM
16?
you're as good at math as Timmy is at spelling... And that means a lot coming from the second worst speller on languish :D

PRC

Picard is clearly the best with Kirk a moderate second and Sisko a distant third.  Archer and Janeway don't even make the scale.

Jean Luc Picard is a renaissance man... Captain, archaeologist, Shakespearean actor, legal advocate, wine connoisseur, barroom brawler (albeit a bad one)... all that and he's a better pilot than Riker too.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PRC on January 08, 2013, 12:14:24 AM
Picard is clearly the best with Kirk a moderate second and Sisko a distant third.  Archer and Janeway don't even make the scale.

Jean Luc Picard is a renaissance man... Captain, archaeologist, Shakespearean actor, legal advocate, wine connoisseur, barroom brawler (albeit a bad one)... all that and he's a better pilot than Riker too.

Yes but the question includes the 1st officer as a leadership combo.  In that respect, Spock is a major force multiplier over Riker.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2013, 12:16:15 AM
Quote from: PRC on January 08, 2013, 12:14:24 AM

Yes but the question includes the 1st officer as a leadership combo.  In that respect, Spock is a major force multiplier over Riker.

Shaved or bearded?

Faeelin

I don't know, what's Picard got over Sisko?

Syt

Let's see:

James T. Kirk/Spock - gung ho leader, likely to shoot first and ask later; might get you killed if a redshirt
Jean-Luc Picard/William T. Riker - Riker's a douche, but Picard is a good, levelheaded leader who genuinely cares about the folks under his command
Benjamin L. Sisko/Kira Nerys - competent combat leader, but he's likely to get you into situations that might kill you
Katherine Janeway/Chakotay - stranded her crew 70k ly from home due to incompetence, irrational and changing her stances all the time
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol - bumbling and incompetent

I'll take Picard any time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Faeelin on January 08, 2013, 12:26:19 AM
I don't know, what's Picard got over Sisko?

A roaming command rather than dull guard duty.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 08, 2013, 12:29:01 AM
Katherine Janeway/Chakotay - stranded her crew 70k ly from home due to incompetence, irrational and changing her stances all the time

It's called being flexible. :angry: