Benjamin L. Sisko/Kira Nerys
11 (19.3%)
Katherine Janeway/Chakotay
6 (10.5%)
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

jimmy olsen

Which Captain do you want to serve under?

EDIT: Dammit, why can't we edit polls!?  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

This forum punishes bad spelling.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It's just a transposed letter, I spelled Captain correctly twice in the same post!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Somebody voted for Janeway.  :huh:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Bitches represent - and now there are two. :punk:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Lol.

I voted Sisko, but I didn't read it carefully.  Whom would I want to serve under?  Probably Picard.  That ship wasn't in the shit, most of the time.  Whereas if I choose Sisko, I likely die in the war.  (If I choose Janeway, I likely die horribly.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

What little ground Kirk loses with to Picard, Spock totally makes up for in smoking Riker.  I would feel confident in that leadership dynamic.

The rest are posers.  Except Janeway.  She was cool as all balls.

Fireblade

Kirk, because you know he'd be down to run train on some green-skinned slut with big ol' titties from Omicron V with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2013, 11:06:54 PM
Probably Picard.  That ship wasn't in the shit, most of the time.

Never understood why a ship like that--a warship with research functions, not vice versa, and sent off to the far corners of the universe, alone--would have families on board.  Talk about a fleet going soft.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:08:40 PM

And because it is so lovely.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:10:52 PM

Never understood why a ship like that--a warship with research functions, not vice versa, and sent off to the far corners of the universe, alone--would have families on board.  Talk about a fleet going soft.

It wasn't supposed to be a warship, though.  DS9 makes clear that the Defiant-class was the first true warship Starfleet ever built.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2013, 11:12:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:08:40 PM

And because it is so lovely.

*snip*

Yeah, wouldn't have had a problem working for her.  I prefer competence over gender.

Ideologue

I was talking Trek once and came up with the idea that a starship--being heavily armed and mobile--may be the safest place in the universe, given that all of the Federation's enemies have access to weapons that can kill a planet, and one of the most important of them also has cloaking devices that would permit them to attack without warning.

I mean, where would you rather your family have been during Fail Safe?  In the B-58, or in New York City?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

See, but it was a research ship with guns.  The fact that the Enterprise was so powerful was a function of the superior technology of Starfleet.

And also, because Gene Roddenberry was a hippie.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 07, 2013, 11:13:04 PM
It wasn't supposed to be a warship, though.  DS9 makes clear that the Defiant-class was the first true warship Starfleet ever built.

DS9 is ad hoc lore rewriting bullshit.