News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

High School Reunion - Yay or Nay?

Started by merithyn, January 03, 2013, 02:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you go to your high school reunions?

Yep! They're fun!
No freaking way. I left that claptrap behind for a reason.
I've never been invited to one.
I didn't go to high school, but if I had, I would.
I didn't go to high school, but if I had, there's no way I'd go back.

The Brain

Can you go back to the shy nerd plz.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on January 04, 2013, 03:44:11 AM
Can you go back to the shy nerd plz.

Hell naw. People back then thought I'm... nice.*shudders*

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on January 04, 2013, 03:41:59 AM
Back in high school, I was a small town sexually repressed shy nerd with no fashion sense (I wore black turtlenecks...)

I thought you were in the closet in high school. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Went to one three years ago, hated every second of it. Everyone who verbally bullied me still did. People who did worse in school all had better jobs than me, and it didn't help that I was briefly unemployed at that time!

Phillip V

Quote from: Brazen on January 04, 2013, 05:50:36 AM
Went to one three years ago, hated every second of it. Everyone who verbally bullied me still did. People who did worse in school all had better jobs than me, and it didn't help that I was briefly unemployed at that time!
What awkward ambiguous lines did you have to use?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2013, 05:04:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 04, 2013, 03:41:59 AM
Back in high school, I was a small town sexually repressed shy nerd with no fashion sense (I wore black turtlenecks...)

I thought you were in the closet in high school. :unsure:

Now I would go wearing my pink pin-striped shirt, my yellow trousers, my burgundy Hugo Boss jacket and my pink socks. Sure, I would still have no fashion sense but I would be different.  :cool:

OttoVonBismarck

I went to the first one purely because I thought it'd be hilarious to see how many people had devolved into true, c. 2005 Idealogue level white trashdom. I saw that many had. After that I haven't gone to any because once you see that the first time it's kind of less interesting, but I've said I'll probably go to another one or two just to compare the results from the first one I went to.

dps

I've been to a couple, but I lived within a couple hours drive of my hometown back then.  Well, I took vacation time to go to them anyway, but my mom still lived there, so I even with being further away I could have stayed overnight with her, but now that she's moved away, I'd have to get a hotel room, and frankly I'm not sure I would want to go to that expense.  But the next reunion we'll likely to have is 7 years off, so who knows by then.

derspiess

No interest.  I keep in touch with those I still want to keep in touch with. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall