News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Sinus infection has been killing me this past week.  Mostly affected my cardio workouts. Thoughyesterday I did get 20 minutes in on the arc trainer.  Did some upper body stuff.  Have noticed quite a jump in the weight I can move now.  Will be on vacation in DC for the rest of the week, so while the hotel has a fitness center I'm not gonna commit to using it, since, you know, vacation.
PDH!

mongers

Well it looks like my winter 'fitness programme' will be largely limited to a 14 mile round trip up the valley and back.

Plan is to do the 7 miles there at a reasonable pace and take it easy on the way home.
Manage this evenings trip there in about 26.5 minutes, an average of 16.25 mph, though the bits of noddling to cross town, stopping or walking it across pedestrian crossings, slows the average down, as does the cycle computer than continues to think you're moving 2-3 seconds after you've stopped.  :hmm: 

Is it about time someone started the Fitness 2014, so people can get their plans/new years resolutions, out there for the rest to see ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Just got new tyres for my mountain bike, Schwalbe's Nobby Nics.

I've been using my mountain bike more and more lately, it's just better to be shielded by the trees this time of year when there's heavy winds. Also, they've been digging a new single track. Much fun.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Darth Wagtaros

Only down 10 pounds, but have lost 3 inches from waist since first of the month by increasing lifting and interval training.
PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 28, 2013, 08:55:23 AM
Just got new tyres for my mountain bike, Schwalbe's Nobby Nics.

I've been using my mountain bike more and more lately, it's just better to be shielded by the trees this time of year when there's heavy winds. Also, they've been digging a new single track. Much fun.

:cool:

Excellent, sounds like good fun.

I need to sort out some usable off-road bikes, still faffing around, maybe I'll get one ready by the weekend.   :hmm:

mongers

Eeek, I actually walked nearly 1 3/4 miles today.  :(

Liep

Extremely wet today in the forest, and lots of fallen trees blocking the track. It's much fun to ride full speed through a water hole only to discover halfway through that it's much deeper than it looked.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on November 03, 2013, 09:32:52 AM
Extremely wet today in the forest, and lots of fallen trees blocking the track. It's much fun to ride full speed through a water hole only to discover halfway through that it's much deeper than it looked.

:cool:

Rather you than me, I'm a coward.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on November 03, 2013, 09:32:52 AM

Yeah, Mountain biking after a heavy rainfall is a lot of fun.  You just need to endure hosing yourself off along with the bike after the ride.

mongers

Managed to get out and do 20 miles on the bike late this afternoon to do some mapping. 

Having had this nasty cold/flu, that's been doing the rounds, has rather taken a toll on my fitness; aches/pains, stiffness seem to take centre stage unless I keep exercising the old body.  <_<

alfred russel

Something of a disaster here....

I ran a half marathon today. I timed it as 1:54:15. However, I showed up a bit over half an hour late. For some reason--probably because they turned off the electronic timer at the start line-my time is appearing as 2:28.

I was trying to time my arrival as close as possible to the start gun because it was in the 20s and I didn't look forward to standing around in a T-shirt (there was no clothing check). That seems to have backfired on me.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on November 28, 2013, 06:39:21 PM
Something of a disaster here....

I ran a half marathon today. I timed it as 1:54:15. However, I showed up a bit over half an hour late. For some reason--probably because they turned off the electronic timer at the start line-my time is appearing as 2:28.

I was trying to time my arrival as close as possible to the start gun because it was in the 20s and I didn't look forward to standing around in a T-shirt (there was no clothing check). That seems to have backfired on me.

:(

20F s seriously, that's like below freezing.

I don't mind cycling at speed in low temperatures, coming home in 40s to low 50s was fine this evening, but 20s is officially brass-monkey weather over here.   :bowler:

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on November 28, 2013, 08:13:55 PM

I don't mind cycling at speed in low temperatures, coming home in 40s to low 50s was fine this evening, but 20s is officially brass-monkey weather over here.   :bowler:

It is here too--the low is typically about 20 degrees higher. I've never run when it was so cold out. The water stations were actually treacherous because the spilled water turned to ice.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on November 28, 2013, 09:29:23 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 28, 2013, 08:13:55 PM

It is here too--the low is typically about 20 degrees higher. I've never run when it was so cold out. The water stations were actually treacherous because the spilled water turned to ice.

Yeah, doesn't sound fun; glad you survived.  :)

mongers

Managed to just do a bit over 300 miles on the bike this month.  <_<

Time to start the Fitness 2014 thread?  :P