News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish 12/21/12 end of the world predictions

Started by lustindarkness, December 20, 2012, 11:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

mongers

The fruit loops on twitter have gone quiet, maybe some of them have topped themselves ?  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Quote from: mongers on December 21, 2012, 02:53:44 PM
The fruit loops on twitter have gone quiet, maybe some of them have topped themselves ?  :cool:

Yet we still have you. <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 21, 2012, 09:08:34 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 20, 2012, 11:22:04 AM
Some predict the end of the world tomorrow, earthquakes, floods, meteors and UFOs. What do you predict will happen tomorrow?

I predict I will go to work like any other day, traffic will suck on the way home like every other Friday evening, and we will have some funny news stories of crazies waiting for the end, maybe some mass suicides.

I was right, I'm at work, again.  :glare:

I was right again, traffic sucked! I think I have another prediction: I see some rum fueled black ops 2 gaming in my near future.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

History channel is wringing every last drop out of this shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: katmai on December 21, 2012, 05:10:24 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 21, 2012, 02:53:44 PM

Yet we still have you. <_<

I'm only out on the 1 standard deviation limb/branch; just think how far out are the ones I refuse to communicate :cool: with.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on December 21, 2012, 02:38:18 PM
Are you drilling the dentist?

She's too matrony for me, but two of her assistants . . . :perv:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2012, 07:15:52 PM
I remember watching a program recently about siege of Malta by the Ottomans.  They stated that the Ottomans sent the knights crucified bodies, and the knights retaliated by killing all the Turkish prisoners.  Turns out that while they got most of it right, they kind of reversed the order of events.  :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on December 22, 2012, 01:35:10 AM
I remember watching a program recently about siege of Malta by the Ottomans.  They stated that the Ottomans sent the knights crucified bodies, and the knights retaliated by killing all the Turkish prisoners.  Turns out that while they got most of it right, they kind of reversed the order of events.  :hmm:

That's pretty good for the history channel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Read this book instead:
http://www.amazon.com/Empires-Sea-Battle-Lepanto-Contest/dp/0812977645

Very good, detailed account of the siege of Malta.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

So when is the next end of the world due?
2019 or 2029 with some asteroid iirc?
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2012, 03:16:03 AM
So when is the next end of the world due?
2019 or 2029 with some asteroid iirc?

Late 2013 early 2014, those charlatans need a meal ticket just like the rest of us.   :cool:

Plus they're have to work over the holidays to come up with some fresh bullshit for the gullible to swallow next year

Eddie Teach

I think I've got another 20-30 years 'til the world ends.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on December 22, 2012, 01:40:38 AM

That's pretty good for the history channel.
Yep.  The fact that they actually toured Malta, and didn't go to Cyprus or Rhodes by mistake, already put the show at above average accuracy.

Grallon

I feel Ive been robed of a promised sweet  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel