News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish 12/21/12 end of the world predictions

Started by lustindarkness, December 20, 2012, 11:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Still here. Damn, shouldn't have converted all my worldly belongings into canned goods and ammo.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2012, 05:41:34 PM
ORLY?  :P  "fundies have tried making Christmas Jesus-centric for centuries?"  :lol:

I meant more so.  Like the Puritans and stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Did the Mayans also predict the time, or was it just the date?

Pedrito

Some half crazed bitch told me the alignment of planets that will cause TEOTW will happen around 11 A.M.

I'll be at the kid's school Christmas play, so if TEOTW will come, it will catch me asleep.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Mother in law has invited me to lunch on 22 December to celebrate the end of the end of the world stuff.

Martinus

Quote from: Pedrito on December 21, 2012, 01:54:48 AM
Some half crazed bitch told me the alignment of planets that will cause TEOTW will happen around 11 A.M.

I'll be at the kid's school Christmas play, so if TEOTW will come, it will catch me asleep.

L.

Will it be TEOTWAWKI or simply TEOTW, though?

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 20, 2012, 11:22:04 AM
Some predict the end of the world tomorrow, earthquakes, floods, meteors and UFOs. What do you predict will happen tomorrow?

I predict I will go to work like any other day, traffic will suck on the way home like every other Friday evening, and we will have some funny news stories of crazies waiting for the end, maybe some mass suicides.

I was right, I'm at work, again.  :glare:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

I enjoyed the Vincent Price movie on TCM today. They are having apocalypse movies until 8pm, including the excellent Panic in Year Zero.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2012, 01:29:35 PM
including the excellent Panic in Year Zero.

A complete classic, and definitely ahead of its time.   OOOH FRANKIE

Syt

I arrived at 10 am at the office after going to the dentist, then popped back to the dentist from 12:30 to 3 pm, and we closed the office 90 minutes early at 4 pm. And I still got quite a bit of work done. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on December 21, 2012, 02:38:18 PM
Are you drilling the dentist?

He's getting all his teeth capped with little, tiny coal scuttle helmets.