And we're back!

Main Menu

Question of the sexes

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 17, 2012, 12:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2012, 10:34:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2012, 10:31:17 AM
My wife is always repulsed when she sees a man crying on TV (typically on reality-type shows) and has warned me from time to time not to turn into some blubbering wuss.  I'm not a very emotional person (particularly not outwardly) so it works out fine.
Your wife sounds awesome. :cool:

She is a hoot. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2012, 10:31:17 AM
My wife is always repulsed when she sees a man crying on TV (typically on reality-type shows) and has warned me from time to time not to turn into some blubbering wuss.

That explains so much.

We have what to outsiders sounds like the most dysfunctional relationship ever.  But when you get beyond the bickering and silliness it actually works.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2012, 11:15:31 AM
I don't think MIM is trolling.  He is a pretty sincere poster an there's nothing in the post that gives me an insincere vibe.

What's interesting to me MIM is that, whereas most people would focus on the emotional/psychological response to an expression of vulnerability, you talked mostly about sexuality.  Was the wifey also unsupportive/unresponsive emotionally?

I noticed this as well, but assumed that that was a guy thing. :blush:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on December 17, 2012, 11:28:12 AM
I don't think MIM is trolling.  He is a pretty sincere poster an there's nothing in the post that gives me an insincere vibe.

What's interesting to me MIM is that, whereas most people would focus on the emotional/psychological response to an expression of vulnerability, you talked mostly about sexuality.  Was the wifey also unsupportive/unresponsive emotionally?

you can get understanding from friends and professionals, you can only get sex from your wife... Well you can get sex from friends and professionals too, but it gets trickier :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on December 17, 2012, 11:28:12 AM

It is a guy thing.  :P   

Mostly I'm just living in my own head. Manufacturing insecurities that aren't really there. None of this is really that important. I guess I just got a reaction I didn't quite expect, that's all. I'm not the type of dude that's always gushing about my feelings and neither of us are used to hearing that crap. Stress does strange things to you.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

You should make her cry.  Forced and non-lubed anal penetration for starters should get the waterworks flowing.

merithyn

Yes, it does. :hug:

FWIW, I try really hard not to take first reactions to anything at face value, especially when it's something unusual being addressed. People have weird reactions that may not have anything at all to do with you or what you're saying, and everything to do with what they're thinking at that moment combined with what you're saying. If that makes any sense...

That being said, I've also learned not to take Max's silence as him thinking, "OMFG, what have I gotten myself into???" It's just how he processes things, and I have to wait for a reaction. It took me four or five years to learn that, though. :blush:

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2012, 12:48:08 PM
You should make her cry.  Forced and non-lubed anal penetration for starters should get the waterworks flowing.

WTF?? :blink:  :bleeding:

CountDeMoney

Wait a minute; you just responded with--

Quote from: merithyn on December 17, 2012, 12:49:22 PM

--and now you want to change your mind?  CMON LADY

11B4V

I dont understand the question.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2012, 12:52:38 PM
Wait a minute; you just responded with--

--and now you want to change your mind?  CMON LADY

THAT WASN'T FOR YOU!! :contract: :ultra: :glare:

crazy canuck

:lol:

Perhaps the funniest mistimed response in the history of Languish

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

derspiess

:lol:  The hug emoticon was the best part.