News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question of the sexes

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 17, 2012, 12:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on December 17, 2012, 09:38:49 AM
If showing yourself to be vulnerable wrecks the magic of your marriage, there are bigger issues going on, I would guess. I'm not saying being a blubbering idiot is attractive, but needing an emotional hand every now and then isn't going to destroy 15 years of love and affection, either.

@Ed - This :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Whoever bet MiM he couldnt pull off this troll has to pay up.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 17, 2012, 10:25:23 AM
Whoever bet MiM he couldnt pull off this troll has to pay up.

And then hurt themselves as why would this be a particularly hard troll to pull off? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

:mellow:

Yay, he wins because Meri took something at face value on Languish? How is this news to anyone, or difficult to accomplish?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

My wife is always repulsed when she sees a man crying on TV (typically on reality-type shows) and has warned me from time to time not to turn into some blubbering wuss.  I'm not a very emotional person (particularly not outwardly) so it works out fine.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2012, 10:31:17 AM
My wife is always repulsed when she sees a man crying on TV (typically on reality-type shows) and has warned me from time to time not to turn into some blubbering wuss.  I'm not a very emotional person (particularly not outwardly) so it works out fine.
Your wife sounds awesome. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on December 17, 2012, 10:28:10 AM
:mellow:

Yay, he wins because Meri took something at face value on Languish? How is this news to anyone, or difficult to accomplish?

We got caught by CC troll. -_-

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 17, 2012, 12:21:58 AM
So, I'm having a conversation with my wife the other day. I got a little sappy and confessed I had been feeling a bit weak and depressed recently, and that I thought this was a time that I'd need her support more than usual. The result was...a bit withdrawn. It was like, yeah sure, but I got the impression that she really didn't want to be there. Like me being weak was a thing she really did not want to know.

I could more or less watch the vagina dry up as I was saying those words. It's like I tossed the most unsexy thing ever at her and she recoiled.

I LOL'd.

QuoteMy question is this: Do women require their men to be strong or at least faking it? Is this the origin of the "men don't share their feelings" thing? Like if we do, we'll get punished for it in the sexual attraction department?

I don't think the tears matter as much as it is the communication.  They want you to talk.  And talk.  And talk some more.  Crying is not necessary.  But talking is.

Then again, who knows what they want.  Goofy ass creatures.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2012, 10:39:04 AM

I don't think the tears matter as much as it is the communication.  They want you to talk.  And talk.  And talk some more.  Crying is not necessary.  But talking is.

Then again, who knows what they want.  Goofy ass creatures.

That about sums it up. Talk. :)

Well, and compliments. Those tend to go over well, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

My wife is always repulsed when she sees a man crying on TV (typically on reality-type shows) and has warned me from time to time not to turn into some blubbering wuss.

That explains so much.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
My wife is always repulsed when she sees a man crying on TV (typically on reality-type shows) and has warned me from time to time not to turn into some blubbering wuss.

That explains so much.

:lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2012, 09:44:30 AM
If showing yourself to be vulnerable wrecks the magic of your marriage, there are bigger issues going on, I would guess. I'm not saying being a blubbering idiot is attractive, but needing an emotional hand every now and then isn't going to destroy 15 years of love and affection, either.

I said nothing. I wasn't getting involved in this thread.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2012, 10:52:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2012, 09:44:30 AM

I said nothing. I wasn't getting involved in this thread.

I just think of you now when I say "this". :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I don't think MIM is trolling.  He is a pretty sincere poster an there's nothing in the post that gives me an insincere vibe.

What's interesting to me MIM is that, whereas most people would focus on the emotional/psychological response to an expression of vulnerability, you talked mostly about sexuality.  Was the wifey also unsupportive/unresponsive emotionally?