News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on August 12, 2012, 02:01:00 AM
Fair enough.  I'm not sure whom (other than a few folks who already do them) I would like to see do superhero films.

I was thinking maybe William Friedkin.

Darth Wagtaros

The movie sucked because it was boring.  Superman I had a real estate scheme, this one was just a variation on that, with more special effects.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 12, 2012, 02:01:00 AM
Fair enough.  I'm not sure whom (other than a few folks who already do them) I would like to see do superhero films.

A Kubrick superhero movie would have been pretty great.  Don't know what exactly I'd like him to have done, though.  Sandman?  That'd have been neat.

Kubrick would have made an awesome Watchman
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Just bought the complete Outland. :smoke:

Really shouldn't be shelling out cash right now, but I couldn't let it sit there.  Berke Breathed. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

This screen in the X-Men animated series made me laugh:

Yeah, that looks about right.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Just watched X-Men First Class, pretty good even despite its screwing with the timeline.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I've started reading the Dark Horse Conan series. So far I like it (11 issues in). I liked the adaptation of "The God in the Bowl" quite a bit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2012, 11:50:06 PM
Just watched X-Men First Class, pretty good even despite its screwing with the timeline.

That was the whole point of the film--integrating mutants into the timeline.  I though it was exceptionally well-done, though the actress playing Mystique was awful.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on August 23, 2012, 02:23:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2012, 11:50:06 PM

That was the whole point of the film--integrating mutants into the timeline.  I though it was exceptionally well-done, though the actress playing Mystique was awful.
I meant the internal timeline of the films. Unless I'm seriously misremembering things than the first three just don't make sense if Professor X and Mystique grew up together.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Ah, gotcha.  No, I think the point of First Class was to reboot the series completely.  At least, I hope so--though that would make Jackman's cameo strange in terms of continuity.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

First Class was made so Sony can keep movie options on the materials.  Just like the latest Spiderman movie. Quality is secondary. 

I think they did a decent job with Spiderman though.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Looks like he could have done well in the construction industry.

Also, love the look on the face of the orphanage attendants.

1 Karma Chameleon point