Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

I'll keep my guns, my money, and my freedom.
You can keep your change.

And Martinus.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

See?  Siegebreaker is a perfect example of why gun control is necessary.  He's got experience shooting children, not to mention raping them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on December 23, 2012, 09:56:42 PM
I'll keep my guns, my money, and my freedom.
You can keep your change.

And Martinus.

So, if it's a lawful change, you would support it? Right?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

As long as there's no "Goat Personhood" amendment attached.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on December 23, 2012, 10:00:01 PM
See?  Siegebreaker is a perfect example of why gun control is necessary.  He's got experience shooting children, not to mention raping them.
Has he ever actually admitted to shooting them?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 23, 2012, 08:10:07 PM
But Seedy, the people I grew up with, around, knew, and associated with were a Hunting Culture. Something very different from today's Gun Culture™. These cats didnt carry when they were not hunting or camping for example. But they wouldnt hesitate to blow a mother fucker away that was attempting to break in their house and/or hurting their family.

My step dad had twenty or so guns. Not one of them an assault rifle and only one was a pistol, a revolver at that. As a matter of fact none of the people I knew or knew of, had an assault rifle. If some knob had showed up at the hunting camp with an assault rifle, he'd have been ridiculed and run out of camp. It has been preverted.

I recall a conversation a while back (couple of years) with a knob co-worker. He was boasting that the rifle he was going to get for deer hunting was a Remington 700 Tactical. I just looked at him, called him and idiot and told him he didnt know the first thing about hunting. That is the perversion that is nowadays called the "Gun Culture".

I could go on and on with this perversion.

Then make a real statement.  Terminate your membership to the NRA.
Maybe if more members did that, NRA leadership would get the point and stop going full retard.

Hell, I own handguns, too.  But I'd never belong to that organization, exactly because of its leadership.

Neil

What sort of benefits does the NRA offer their members?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Insurance, a free hat, and monthly magazine. Plus some ranges/clubs require NRA membership.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 24, 2012, 08:54:51 AM
Maybe if more members did that, NRA leadership would get the point and stop going full retard.

Yeah, do it 'cuz Seedy sez so :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on December 24, 2012, 09:49:49 AM

Alternately do it because Wayne LaWhatshisname is foaming at the mouth and spouting gibberish.

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on December 24, 2012, 12:30:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 24, 2012, 09:49:49 AM

Alternately do it because Wayne LaWhatshisname is foaming at the mouth and spouting gibberish.

This.

It's actually the most reasonable response for the gun owners of the Hunting Culture and Collectors in the US to make their point. I've said a dozen times that I want to learn to hunt, but I see no reason to join the NRA in order to get and use a hunting rifle. I couldn't, in good conscience, contribute to that kind of lunacy. If you want to rid yourself of the idiots, you have to give them a reason to do so. Someone like me isn't important to them, since I was never a member and they would just consider me a lefty nutcase if I sent them a letter. Members leaving - and telling them why they're leaving - would show them what really needs to happen.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

Is there even another non-crazy alternative to the NRA?  Seems like rifle associations in the US would have to tend to go loony at some tipping point.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Quote from: HVC on December 24, 2012, 12:53:50 PM
Is there even another non-crazy alternative to the NRA?  Seems like rifle associations in the US would have to tend to go loony at some tipping point.

Nope. They're one of the strongest lobbying groups in the country.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...