Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Him and Martin Bashir should be ejected from a c-17.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I mean, Britain can send us better people. Fucking Limeys.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on December 23, 2012, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2012, 02:45:58 AM

Yeah, I'm sure having guns would have helped these innocent bystanders and children regularly blown up to pieces by drones. Which, incidentally, makes the whole outrage about the school shooting rather hypocritical. Karma can be a bitch sometimes.
...and Marty shows why you don't have to have faith to be a complete idiot.

Yes, your right Marty - those 20 children were all murdered as karmic retribution for collateral damage from the war against terrorism.

If you go around the world murdering children, don't expect people to shed tears over your own.

Razgovory

I'll keep that in mind, if I you know, start murdering children. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 23, 2012, 12:50:52 PM
Him and Martin Bashir should be ejected from a c-17.

What a wonderful aircraft to jump from ;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2012, 01:32:52 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 23, 2012, 10:40:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2012, 02:45:58 AM

Yeah, I'm sure having guns would have helped these innocent bystanders and children regularly blown up to pieces by drones. Which, incidentally, makes the whole outrage about the school shooting rather hypocritical. Karma can be a bitch sometimes.
...and Marty shows why you don't have to have faith to be a complete idiot.

Yes, your right Marty - those 20 children were all murdered as karmic retribution for collateral damage from the war against terrorism.

If you go around the world murdering children, don't expect people to shed tears over your own.

That is an excellent point, by your standards.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 23, 2012, 02:22:42 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 23, 2012, 02:21:38 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 23, 2012, 12:55:35 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 22, 2012, 10:45:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 22, 2012, 10:40:42 PM
What?

Kleves quote

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,8995.285.html

Read my post again.

Ah, quite. My answer is; They (NRA) done have to make a better argument.

Um.... Okay.  I'm just going to nod my head and agree with you.

Because the NRA thinks the problem will be solved by placing an armed guard at the schools or arming goods guys. Problem is they miss the point altogether.

IMO the point in question is;

If we are at a point or juncture in time, where we have to put armed guards at schools or arm good people to combat the bad, then the problem is already spun way out of control. The NRA fails to even recognize this.

So, NRA why do we need to put arm guards at schools?

Why do we need to arm good people to protect us?

CountDeMoney

Hey, 11B, you're an NRA member, right--do you agree with the prevailing opinion in the media that the NRA leadership is out of step with the majority of NRA members?
I know OttoVB seems to but derSKS doesn't, but I've seen all these poll numbers showing that a majority of NRA members agree with sensible gun control legislation--something the leadership doesn't.

Where do you stand with Crazy Wayne and their lobby's zero tolerance policy on control?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2012, 07:22:59 PM
Hey, 11B, you're an NRA member, right--do you agree with the prevailing opinion in the media that the NRA leadership is out of step with the majority of NRA members?

Yes

I know OttoVB seems to but derSKS doesn't, but I've seen all these poll numbers showing that a majority of NRA members agree with sensible gun control legislation--something the leadership doesn't.

The "GUN CULTURE" has taken it over. The moderates "Hunting Culture" and " Casuals"dont hold sway over the nutter minority.

Where do you stand with Crazy Wayne and their lobby's zero tolerance policy on control?

They are fucking idiots and represent the fringe. However, the anti-gun crew will make no headway by lumping the moderates and casuals with the nutters. They are just exposing themselves as fringe anti-nutters. Who do you think the moderates and casuals will identify with? Certainly not the anti-gun nutters.

As I said; If we have arrived at a juncture where armed guards need to be in schools, then the problem has already spun out of control. Because we shouldnt need or have to.

11B4V

QuoteSo, NRA why do we need to put arm guards at schools?

Why do we need to arm good people to protect us?

I posed these two questions on FB. It should be interesting.

11B4V

But Seedy, the people I grew up with, around, knew, and associated with were a Hunting Culture. Something very different from today's Gun Culture™. These cats didnt carry when they were not hunting or camping for example. But they wouldnt hesitate to blow a mother fucker away that was attempting to break in their house and/or hurting their family.

My step dad had twenty or so guns. Not one of them an assault rifle and only one was a pistol, a revolver at that. As a matter of fact none of the people I knew or knew of, had an assault rifle. If some knob had showed up at the hunting camp with an assault rifle, he'd have been ridiculed and run out of camp. It has been preverted.

I recall a conversation a while back (couple of years) with a knob co-worker. He was boasting that the rifle he was going to get for deer hunting was a Remington 700 Tactical. I just looked at him, called him and idiot and told him he didnt know the first thing about hunting. That is the perversion that is nowadays called the "Gun Culture".

I could go on and on with this perversion.

Ed Anger

Mall ninjas. Tacticalol.

My SKS and AK are range queens.