Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  You and Neil can go make sweet flanneled love together, fisting a moose with a Molson.

mongers

I welcome the NRA statement/rant, it's a nice demonstration of just how out of touch they are with the prevailing mood/atmosphere following this most recent gun outrage.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: mongers on December 21, 2012, 11:06:40 PM
I welcome the NRA statement/rant, it's a nice demonstration of just how out of touch they are with the prevailing mood/atmosphere following this most recent gun outrage.

They always are. It always passes.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 21, 2012, 11:58:02 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 21, 2012, 11:06:40 PM

They always are. It always passes.

I don't doubt it.

Just a pity, when the next one roles along, people will be reminded nothing has changed.

Razgovory

I always wonder why they don't keep their heads down, and let this pass.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on December 22, 2012, 01:04:34 AM
I always wonder why they don't keep their heads down, and let this pass.

Fundraising opportunity.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

Stopped by the local Gun Store I haunt on the way in to work. I wanted to get a first hand look for myself.  :huh: WTF  :lmfao:

Yes, I bought a gun. The owner seemed relieved that I brought up a nice sako bolt action rifle to the counter. Nothing beats a nice, well crafted  bolt action long gun.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on December 22, 2012, 05:42:31 PM
Stopped by the local Gun Store I haunt on the way in to work. I wanted to get a first hand look for myself.  :huh: WTF  :lmfao:

Yes, I bought a gun. The owner seemed relieved that I brought up a nice sako bolt action rifle to the counter. Nothing beats a nice, well crafted  bolt action long gun.

You mean to look at the current buying frenzy ? :unsure:

Admiral Yi

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on December 22, 2012, 06:08:54 PM

Yes, what does that tell ya?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on December 22, 2012, 06:17:51 PM

I don't know 11B, it's all a bit beyond my comprehension.  :huh:

I'm hoping you'll explain it

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on December 22, 2012, 07:50:52 PM

It means, I feel I dont need anything. Ammo, magazines, assault weapons that is.  ;) But a fine bolt action heavy caliber stopping rifle, is a different story all together.

But yes I went to checkout/watch the choas. :D

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on December 22, 2012, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 22, 2012, 07:50:52 PM

It means, I feel I dont need anything. Ammo, magazines, assault weapons that is.  ;) But a fine bolt action heavy caliber stopping rifle, is a different story all together.

But yes I went to checkout/watch the choas. :D

:thumpsup:

Do people not do measured responses nowadays or is headless chickens the new meme ?

Razgovory

I can't help but think that the pro-gun crowd is poorly served by the NRA.  I keep thinking that better arguments could be made then, "Lets arm the teachers", or "Schools should have armed security guards".  Why not point out that, while certainly tragic, crazed gunmen attacks like this are very rare.  The chances of being killed in one of these type of things is about only about two times as likely as being killed by a lightning.  That changing laws because of statistical outliers is silly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017