Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on December 21, 2012, 04:29:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2012, 03:58:03 PM
Seriously, I had thought to stock up on 30 round mags to resell if a ban popped up(assuming already existing mags were grandfathered in).

But an angel popped up on my shoulder and tsk tsk'ed the devil on the other shoulder.

5.56mm and 7.62mm are getting mighty scarce too.

When I go to the range, I burn off around 90 7.62 rounds per session. My stock isn't gonna last long if these panicking faggits don't calm the fuck down.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I haven't shot any 7.62 for a while.  I still have a couple cases of Barnaul "Hunting Cartridges" from 5 or 6 years ago when 7.62 was still pretty cheap, plus a bunch of really nice-looking East German stuff that is unfortunately corrosive.

The only 7.62x39 rifle I have is a Yugo M59/66 SKS (the one with the silly grenade launcher on the end that ruins the balance) and I got it unissued so I'm trying to keep it in pristine shape.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

OttoVonBismarck

I was interested in what the gun-tards were selling/buying right now. I found several interesting posts where guys were wanting to trade Ruger Mini-14s, with typically 2-3 factory 30 round magazines included and a collapsible stock. Wanting to trade it for "any AR variant."

What that shows me is someone has a perfectly serviceable semiautomatic rifle that they want to trade for an AR-15 for almost surely cosmetic reasons because they fear the AR-15 may be banned.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2012, 05:04:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 21, 2012, 04:29:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 21, 2012, 03:58:03 PM
Seriously, I had thought to stock up on 30 round mags to resell if a ban popped up(assuming already existing mags were grandfathered in).

But an angel popped up on my shoulder and tsk tsk'ed the devil on the other shoulder.

5.56mm and 7.62mm are getting mighty scarce too.

When I go to the range, I burn off around 90 7.62 rounds per session. My stock isn't gonna last long if these panicking faggits don't calm the fuck down.

I think I bought a case of 5.56 last year. I might buy another case, but it isnt a priority. My inventory still remains well above 500 rounds for 5.56/7.62.  I dont really just go to the range and just blast ammo for sake of blasting anymore. The Govmint supplies that fun. Most of my personal range is connected to load development for the hunting rifles I have.

QuoteEast German stuff that is unfortunately corrosive.
Perfectly fine ammo just clean the weapon real good. Should be some techs on the net.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 21, 2012, 05:17:08 PM
I was interested in what the gun-tards were selling/buying right now. I found several interesting posts where guys were wanting to trade Ruger Mini-14s, with typically 2-3 factory 30 round magazines included and a collapsible stock. Wanting to trade it for "any AR variant."

What that shows me is someone has a perfectly serviceable semiautomatic rifle that they want to trade for an AR-15 for almost surely cosmetic reasons because they fear the AR-15 may be banned.

I owed a mini-14 a few years back before I sold it. Perfectly fine weapon, proven action. Good handling characteristics.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

There's going to be a run on extended magazines, just like we saw in the pre-Brady days, which didn't affect the market that much anyway.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 21, 2012, 05:34:22 PM

There's going to be a run on extended magazines, just like we saw in the pre-Brady days, which didn't affect the market that much anyway.

Interesting. Ive seen several websites the have Cetme/G3 20 rd mags for dirt cheap. Must be just effecting the AR series.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/519948/military-surplus-magazine-hk-g3-hk91-ptr-91-cetme-308-winchester-20-round-aluminum-black

CountDeMoney

Meh, there was the run up for extended semi-automatic handgun MAGAZINES before the manufacturers were required by law to sell the MAGAZINES that came with the weapon at 10 rounds max in the MAGAZINE.

After all, what's the point in owning a Glock 17 with MAGAZINES that only hold 10 rounds?  ZOMG 1 IN TEH PIPE WHADDA BONUS

crazy canuck

An armed guard in every school - The US has become a bad parady of itself.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 21, 2012, 07:49:47 PM

In a lot of jurisdictions, a lot of school districts have police officers assigned to high schools.  The more affluent counties in Maryland call them School Resource Officers, and Baltimore has a Baltimore City Public Schools Police force that is its own force, and separate from the BPD.

The role of school resource officers is to do everything from providing drug awareness/DWI awareness, to coordinating the Police Athletic Leagues and Driver's Education, to monitoring and counseling first-time nonviolent teenage offenders.  And, oh yeah, manage to provide security as time permits.

You're a parody of yourself, condescending Canuckistani.  But we expect no less.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 21, 2012, 04:44:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 21, 2012, 04:37:50 PM
Are you saying there weren't a lot of conspiracy theories floating around?

There certainly were.  And believe me, you've probably only heard the tip of the iceberg.  I'm just telling you that the reason for most of the ammo panic-buying in 2008 was not conspiratorial.  Unless you think fear of possible anti-gun/ammo legislation from a Democrat House/Senate/President is a conspiracy theory.

I don't give panic buyers the same respect you do.  Hell, most of them probably believe Obama is a Kenyan National.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 21, 2012, 08:10:18 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 21, 2012, 07:49:47 PM

In a lot of jurisdictions, a lot of school districts have police officers assigned to high schools.  The more affluent counties in Maryland call them School Resource Officers, and Baltimore has a Baltimore City Public Schools Police force that is its own force, and separate from the BPD.

The role of school resource officers is to do everything from providing drug awareness/DWI awareness, to coordinating the Police Athletic Leagues and Driver's Education, to monitoring and counseling first-time nonviolent teenage offenders.  And, oh yeah, manage to provide security as time permits.

You're a parody of yourself, condescending Canuckistani.  But we expect no less.

Have fun living in your armed camp.  Wouldnt want to be you.