Elementary school shooting gun control pissing contest

Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2012, 05:33:16 PM
That this thread is twice as long as the one it spawned from tells you something about human nature right there.
The other thread is pretty pathetic, what with all the faux outrage from Meri and Max whenever someone tries to discuss the shooting rather than just mouthing the same empty sounds of 'shock' and 'horror'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2012, 04:05:53 PM
FYI, you can shoot somebody with a crossbow.

And you can beat somebody to death with the Sunday New York Times, if one were so inclined.  But that's not the point, now is it?

11B4V

QuoteIs that your typical response to difficult problems, just admit defeat and give up?

Give up, where did you read that? I posed questions.

QuoteOr is it that your selfish need to prove your "manhood" by these virtual penis extensions just overrides what matters to anyone else?

Here you make a childish ignorant personal attack for some reason. Why? Are you afraid of the questions asked? I all ready stated "I" will follow all laws passed concerning firearms. So, how am I selfishly overriding what matters to anyone else? Perhaps the problem lies with your dick size.

QuoteNot one person here has advocated for the immediate banning of guns and sending in the SWAT/military to take them. That is not going to happen; but starting the process of reigning things in slowly is a different story and is something that should be starting.

Neither am I.

QuoteMany years too late, but better late than never.

Yes
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

I prefer SMGs. The Swedish K is solid enough to beat someone into pulp with.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2012, 05:36:15 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2012, 04:05:53 PM
FYI, you can shoot somebody with a crossbow.

And you can beat somebody to death with the Sunday New York Times, if one were so inclined.  But that's not the point, now is it?

Of course, but then Neil is the Master of the Obvious.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

That this thread is twice as long as the one it spawned from tells you something about human nature right there.

How so? I am a gun owner an think something needs to be done.

This is for sbr;

If the extreme were to happen and guns are banned in the US, I will follow the Law.

Did you get that sbr? Is that pretty crystal clear? Can you comprehend that? Anything else I need to explain in the above statement?

sbr

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2012, 05:39:58 PM

What do you think would be a practical, effective solution to the gun problem in the US?

If you already posted something similar somewhere I must have missed it.

Admiral Yi

I tried to get the ball rolling on reform of gun laws before, but no one really bit.  Second times a charm.

As I said before, we all think nutters should not have guns.  Not terribly hard in practice when it comes to people who have already been diagnosed.  Just a question of collecting and sharing information.  The idea breaks down however when talking about people who are nutters but not yet diagnosed.  Do we require everyone who wants to buy a gun a psychiatric evaluation?  That seems awfully invasive.  Do we use "warning flags?"

Limitations on gun sales to the general population run into the Constitution.  If people are really serious about gun regulation, then you need to start a debate on amending the Constitution.  You can't count on selecting only justices who think the wording of the Constitution is just a suggestion.

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on December 15, 2012, 05:43:03 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2012, 05:39:58 PM

What do you think would be a practical, effective solution to the gun problem in the US?

If you already posted something similar somewhere I must have missed it.

off the top of the head. A start only; 

Close gunshow loop holes or ban them all together.
Require all firearm transaction to go through a licensed FFL.
Ban actions based on military assault rifles. Both auto and semi auto. i.e. AK series, M16 series, G-3 series etc.
Require a permit to own.
Expand the disqualifications for gun ownership.
Cash for firearm turn in or tax deduction.

The Brain

What's the typical design basis threat of American schools? Should it include a lone gunman?

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on December 15, 2012, 05:54:20 PM
What's the typical design basis threat of American schools? Should it include a lone gunman?

:huh:

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2012, 05:50:12 PM
If people are really serious about gun regulation, then you need to start a debate on amending the Constitution. 

IMO this is the only way.

The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on December 15, 2012, 05:54:20 PM

Active shooter scenarios have been part of school threat analysis for a few years already, really took off since Columbine.  More colleges have really taken to it since Virginia Tech, although more progressive schools have had mass casualty drills of all sorts for a long time.  Used to be bombs and fire events.  Now it's active shooters.

11B4V