Elementary school shooting reported in Newtown, Conn.

Started by garbon, December 14, 2012, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I'm not going to defend Huck, but the article twists his words into something he didn't actually say.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2012, 02:19:30 PM
I'm not going to defend Huck, but the article twists his words into something he didn't actually say.

Ok, you have started defending him so go all the way.  What do you think he said?

Admiral Yi

I think he was talking about non-two parent families.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 18, 2012, 02:25:50 PM

Ok, you have started defending him so go all the way.  What do you think he said?

Yeah I won't defend him except for the part where I will...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2012, 02:28:40 PM
Yeah I won't defend him except for the part where I will...

I don't get this attitude that pointing out a misunderstanding or mischaracterization is somehow taking sides.

If someone were to claim that Huckabee says he's in favor of gassing all homos, and I point out he did in fact not say that, am I "defending Huckabee?"

garbon

Huckabee is reprehensible enough that I don't see the distinction mattering in this case.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 02:28:09 PM
I think he was talking about non-two parent families.

Sounds pretty stupid to say society holds two parent families in contempt though.

Quote"We diminish and even hold in contempt the natural family of a father and mother creating and then responsibly raising the next generation and then express dismay that kids feel no real connection to their families or even the concept of a family."

I am sure somebody does this.  Radical crazy lefties of certain flavors do, but 'we' do this as a society?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2012, 02:35:08 PM
Huckabee is reprehensible enough that I don't see the distinction mattering in this case.

Very Huffington Post/Michael Moorish of you.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 02:42:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2012, 02:35:08 PM

Very Huffington Post/Michael Moorish of you.

If having an issue with Huck's statement is something only Huff Post or Michael Moore would do they are clearly more reasonable than I thought.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 18, 2012, 03:14:33 PM
If having an issue with Huck's statement is something only Huff Post or Michael Moore would do they are clearly more reasonable than I thought.

Your premise is flawed.

Neil

I wouldn't sweat it too much.  Huck shot his mouth off a bit, true, but the article is from a gay blog, and thus not reputable.  It might as well have been written in one of Ron Paul's goldbug newsletters.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 18, 2012, 02:25:50 PM

:rolleyes:

I think he's just saying the absence of religious morality leaves a vacuum in which massacres like this are more likely to happen.  I don't happen to agree with that (as much as I'm sure you'd love me to) but I don't think that is the same as blaming gay people for Sandy Hook.  The author of Marti's mystery article apparently thinks everything's always about him and should probably get over himself.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive