Elementary school shooting reported in Newtown, Conn.

Started by garbon, December 14, 2012, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Hey man, I wholeheartedly embrace and endorse all aspects of the lipstick lesbian lifestyle.

jimmy olsen

I feel horrible that I laughed at this, hopefully some of you are similarly afflicted. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Princesca was just bitching that every Facebook page for all of the Jim Beam products posted the exact same message yesterday. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Well they have to cash in on the collective feelings of guilt or sadness while they can. 
PDH!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 14, 2012, 08:46:22 PM
They showed interviews with three more kids on the evening news, and I must say all the kids so far have been eerily composed.  :huh:

We tend to underestimate the ability of children to deal with stuff like this, I think.  I believe that most kids can deal with it better than most adults and we're just projecting our own inability to come to grips with it on them.

CountDeMoney

QuoteConnecticut chief medical examiner H Wayne Carver II said that the victims each suffered three to 11 gunshot wounds and appeared to have died quickly. "All of wounds that I know of were caused by the long weapon," he said, referring to the semi-automatic Bushmaster rifle found at the scene.

Carver said he had seen thousands of gunshot deaths over the years, but nothing to compare to Friday's slaughter at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

"I've been at this for a third of a century," he said, "but this is probably the worst I have seen."

Aside from the parents and families of the victims, the first responders on the scene are just as broken now.

Those little towns, their cops and paramedics don't see mass casualties like that.  Hell, even the grizzled vet or the ex-soldier doesn't see that shit in combat. Their noodles are going to be permanently scrambled.  You see dead kids once in a while.  I've seen a few dead children, some car accidents, drowned, saw an hours-old infant that was tossed in a dumpster once complete with umbilical cord, one burned to the point we thought it was a small animal;  they're like dead adults, only smaller.  But not in bunches like that.

QuoteIn a first-grade classroom, a boy, seeing that his teacher had been shot, bolted out the back door and kept running, friends said. The boy ended up on Church Hill Road, half a mile away, where a man picked him up and took him to the firehouse where other students were gathered.

Sharp kid.  Haul ass.  Don't stop.  Don't look back.

Admiral Yi

Reminds me of the time I was in a titty bar in Pensacola when a drunk Mexican popped off a few rounds.

CountDeMoney

Yes, it's times like that you didi mau most riki tik.

CountDeMoney

Sheilbh

Couldn't read the stories in the papers today, the pictures especially were too upsetting. It's simply unimaginable :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Grallon

*cackles*

The-US-will-fall-under-the weight-of-its-own-contradictions!

The right to bear arms implies the right to shoot anyone at will.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Admiral Yi

:lol:  Grallon has correctly predicted 14 of the last zero collapses of the US correctly.

Grallon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2012, 08:40:48 PM
:lol:  Grallon has correctly predicted 14 of the last zero collapses of the US correctly.

I only need to be right once ;)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

dps

If the contradiction of allowing chattel slavery in a country founded on the principle that all men are created equal couldn't bring us down, the 2nd amendment's not going to get the job done.