News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 15: CdM MIA?

Started by sbr, December 13, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 18, 2012, 08:55:11 AM
He's right tho. Does Peyton Manning even knows how to tackle?
Peyton Manning is a valuable player.  Tom Brady is just a cog in Belicheat's system.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Don't be daft. Brady could a be cog in anybody's Cheat system.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Peyton can be run over by one of those amish bulldozers for all I care.  Tim is a Patsucker.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

He's from New England. That's the path you guys would advocate!

You are just mad that Bellicheat is outsmarting your cheaters.

PDH

I don't mind fans of a team, I don't mind support.  The "we," the apologizing, the Tom Brady spooge all over Tim is too much.  He is a moron.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

The we shit is annoying, I'll give you that one. Everything else is BS especially when compared to the fandom of your alma matters.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 18, 2012, 10:38:11 AM
The we shit is annoying, I'll give you that one. Everything else is BS especially when compared to the fandom of your alma matters.

I don't have a problem with the Brady worship, per se.  Beyond the "we" thing, my beef with him is over his stupid little cheerleading posts.  If you can't add something to the conversation, do us all a big favor & shut the hell up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

but it doesn't really matter. If he was doing this for, say the Jaguars, you guys wouldn't be on his case. You only hate because Bellicheat is better then your cheaters.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 18, 2012, 10:59:10 AM
but it doesn't really matter. If he was doing this for, say the Jaguars, you guys wouldn't be on his case. You only hate because Bellicheat is better then your cheaters.

I'd be about as annoyed.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 18, 2012, 10:59:10 AM
They aren't better than the teams from Arizona, Baltimore, San Francisco or Seattle.

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

The league has instructed the Bengals to begin sending invoices to season ticketholders for two home playoff games.  I know it's standard procedure, but :lol:

Neil

That's the sort of thing that can cause a snakebitten team to lose to Pittsburgh next week.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 18, 2012, 12:24:48 PM
That's the sort of thing that can cause a snakebitten team to lose to Pittsburgh next week.

Only if the full weight of history itself doesn't cause it.  Bengals haven't won in Pittsburgh since 2003 (I was there and it was glorious) and have not beaten them at all since 2009. 

Now what I keep telling myself is that those streaks have to end sometime and that given both teams' trajectory it might as well happen next Sunday.  But I'm too pessimistic to think the football gods will smile on the Bengals when a win is so critical.  Steelers are favored by 4 and I think that's about right.