News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2013

Started by jimmy olsen, December 12, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I might pick some apples. In the dark.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Well, fuck.  I had a bad feeling about this as soon as they showed Waino banging his head on the dugout.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Goddamnit, Waino.  If you wave someone off, you catch the fucking ball.

derspiess

And there's Kozma's second error in as many innings.  I have not seen fielding this terrible in a long time.

Only guy on the team playing like he has any sense is Holliday, of all people... and Beltran.

CountDeMoney

This game is so bad, even the cat walked away.  Oh look, Platoon is on Ovation.

derspiess

I can handle a loss, but shitty play like this is just too much to handle.  It was nice seeing Beltran rob Papi and save 3 runs, but the way this game is going, he might as well have just let it go and save the rib injury.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 23, 2013, 08:28:31 PM
I can handle a loss, but shitty play like this is just too much to handle.  It was nice seeing Beltran rob Papi and save 3 runs, but the way this game is going, he might as well have just let it go and save the rib injury.

BOSTON STRONG
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

The Cards are all of a sudden starting to look like, well, the Cubs.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Ugh.  What a slaughter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

That was almost as bad as this week's Monday Night Football game.  The only difference was that Monday night, both teams sucked.

derspiess

Quote from: fhdz on October 23, 2013, 08:55:13 PM
The Cards are all of a sudden starting to look like, well, the Cubs.

For last night's performance, that's an insult to the Cubs.

Valmy

Perhaps I was too optimistic in comparing this to the 2004 World Series  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Maybe they were just nervous.