News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2013

Started by jimmy olsen, December 12, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 26, 2013, 11:21:30 PM
I was curious and looked up the rule.  The definition of obstruction (by a fielder) gives an example.  The example happens to almost exactly describe the play.

Yeah, they're going over & over it on MLB TV.  Joe Torre is on right now explaining further-- intent is irrelevant.

Outcry from Bahhston fans on espn.com and Facebook is hilarious.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Brandon Workman  :(

Tough loss for one of my favorite players.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2013, 11:48:18 PM
Outcry from Bahhston fans on espn.com and Facebook is hilarious.

Theyah teahs of angah ah wickhead hahdcoah.

sbr

What a crazy game last night, at tleast the good guys got the win.

Even though my team won, I hate to see games end like that.  It just doesn't quite feel as good as a game without the controversy.  I don't hate it like the call shouldn't have been made though.  I'm not in the swallow the whistle at the end of the game party.  If a rules violation affects the outcome of the game, don't the officials decide the game if they didn't call it, giving the othe rteam the advantage?  The player that violated the rules help decide the game, not the official that saw and correctly called the violation. 

Not that anyone here has made that arguement yet *waiting on Tim* but it is out there and seems rather popular with the mouthbreathing folk.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on October 27, 2013, 09:39:20 AM
What a crazy game last night, at tleast the good guys got the win.

Even though my team won, I hate to see games end like that.  It just doesn't quite feel as good as a game without the controversy.  I don't hate it like the call shouldn't have been made though.  I'm not in the swallow the whistle at the end of the game party.  If a rules violation affects the outcome of the game, don't the officials decide the game if they didn't call it, giving the othe rteam the advantage?  The player that violated the rules help decide the game, not the official that saw and correctly called the violation. 

Not that anyone here has made that arguement yet *waiting on Tim* but it is out there and seems rather popular with the mouthbreathing folk.
Nope. The rules are the rules.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

I had this game written off as a loss with Lance Lynn starting it.  I the 7th inning, I'm calling it for the Red Sox.  Tomorrow night is a must-win.  Waino is due for a strong outing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

You need to syenergize more.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

What the fuck, people.

jimmy olsen

I don't get it. The media player won't show video on my home computer but it will on the computer at school which is at least 5 years older and way crappier. I watched game 4 at school and listened to game 5 on the radio when I got home. Needless to say, I'm pleased. This has been an incredibly entertaining world series so far.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Pretty tough for the Cardinals to win a series where Wainwright loses twice.  I guess it all comes down to Aggie Wacha. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Honestly, I'm surprised the Sox have gotten this far. The pitching of Detroit and St. Louis has just been superb and I feel like we're just managing to scrap by via guts alone.

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 29, 2013, 08:22:40 AM
Pretty tough for the Cardinals to win a series where Wainwright loses twice.  I guess it all comes down to Aggie Wacha. 

And they keep pitching to Ortiz.  I don't question managers very often, but that plus starting Craig last night were bad decisions.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2013, 08:27:42 AM
Honestly, I'm surprised the Sox have gotten this far. The pitching of Detroit and St. Louis has just been superb and I feel like we're just managing to scrap by via guts alone.

We.

derspiess

I think Tim was an alternate bat boy once.